NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC 31 July 2016

Just to clarify, and I think someone else posted this, I am hearing that the $69 package holder do get DCI East in Allentown. That was part of the original package. So that' cool. After DCI East we are cutoff. Only $99 package holders get Finals weekend.

I may travel to the Centerville, OH show this Tuesday, and quite possibly may travel to the Buffalo, NY TOC show on Sunday. I will definitely be at the Massillon, OH show on Monday. So I am excited about some live drum corps.

Beating of a Dead Horse tonight.....

Boy no kidding. I'm seeing their formations get tack on now. You can tell muscle memory has set in and now the kids are just focusing on playing the heck out of it,

The crowd reactions are so amazing. That is one thing I really admire about their last three show designs. They know right where that edge is and just blow you out. All the attention early in the season was on all their solo and small ensembles, but count the company fronts in that show. They really draw you in and then smack you in the face five or six different times. You get such a powerful sense of pacing with this show. It just flies by!

Bluecoats have been just tremendous over the last 3 years. Obviously they were a top tier corps before that, going back to 2005 with their first top 5 finish, but they are on a tear right now in both design and performance.

Well, at least this rain delay gives me a chance to go back and record all the shows I missed while I was trying to buy this one. The DCI page makes it almost impossible to buy video packages. Every new page that pops up asks for your login info, and when you finally get to the screen to pay it tells you it needs your email and password, but there's nowhere to enter it.

Bluecoats have been just tremendous over the last 3 years. Obviously they were a top tier corps before that, going back to 2005 with their first top 5 finish, but they are on a tear right now in both design and performance.

I heard their staff is populated by a number of former cadets designers...

• Like 2

Now a little Gordon Lightfoot! Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald...

It's not THAT wet, is it?

• Like 2

2.30 in the morning over here in the UK. Should I stay up for the last 3 corps tonight or is drum corps Kaputt for the evening?

Well, at least this rain delay gives me a chance to go back and record all the shows I missed while I was trying to buy this one. The DCI page makes it almost impossible to buy video packages. Every new page that pops up asks for your login info, and when you finally get to the screen to pay it tells you it needs your email and password, but there's nowhere to enter it.

Plan on putting them up somewhere? Send me the link if so! Lol.