DCI Eastern Classic - Saturday Aug. 6, 2016

If I remember, Cadets/Crown won the regionals. BD won the TOC shows.

Who performed last at quarterfinals? I thought it was BD.

Edited by MikeRapp

Heading into finals week, the big stories will be the race for gold with Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Carolina Crown. Then there is the "will Cadets actually finish in sixth" watch. Next, the race for 7th between the Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, and Blue Stars. Finally, will Academy actually make finals and finish 11th with Boston making a late season surge to snag the 12th spot, and Madison falling out of finals to 13th. It's gonna be one h*** of a week!

I believe it was BD, but because they had the highest average score between the events.

BIG PICTURE/Soapbox:

Did everybody hear the Crown Drum Major interview after the show? Her comment was extremely topical to our current societal struggles.

She said with all the gun violence and shootings recently, Crown wanted to go away from a "relentless and revenge" to show mercy and not end the show with a killing. To show mercy is the answer.

Interesting.

Mercy can sometimes get us all killed too ... just sayin'

Its like the squishy adage " Love is the Answer "... Well, ya, but it all depends on what the question is ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

Yes BD performed last at quarters last year. But they didn't win a regional. They was in second at every regional while corps around bounced from 1st to 3rd etc........patient, consistent, and strong in all captions was BD last year. And so far we are seeing the same thing this year.

• Like 1

As much as I appreciate this, and as much as I wasn't thrilled with their choice of story all summer. (I live a mile from Pulse and was personally affected by the shootings),

(snip)

Thanks for sharing. You may represent the kind of people the DM said they were trying to be sensitive to.

Now - harder to quickly grasp what is going on, with several characters and a lot of rushed acting.

I agree with you on the several characters, they blend together in a sea of brown. The women all look the same to me, the bad guy and the good guys are both dressed in brown. It all blends together for me.

It works for me because I've seen the show several times and I know what to look for. If it were my first viewing and someone did not point out the character actors I would have no clue what was going on.

Edited by wvu80

I don't believe the excitement and majesty of court room drama has been brought to the drum corps field yet.

That's next year's show. :dancin:

" if that Drum Corps glove don't fit, you must acquit ! "

Judges believe the Cadets music is not their undoing. I'd have to agree.

• Like 1

I agree with you on the several characters, they blend together in a sea of brown. The women all look the same to me, the bad guy and the good guys are both dressed in brown. It all blends together for me.

It works for me because I've seen the show several times and I know what to look for. If it were my first viewing and someone did not point out the character actors I would have no clue what was going on.

I've watched it all season with a camera providing closeups and I still can't always tell who is who. I can recognize the guy, but would not be able to pick the lead female out of a lineup. I'm a bit surprised they haven't added some costume emphasis to each of them to make this more apparent to the first-time viewer.

• Like 2