2017 PREDICTIONS!

16 minutes ago, superOOk said:

My predictions for Finals:

GE: Bloo

Drums: SCV

Brass: BD

Guard: Bloo

I think Crown will move up into 3rd to replace SCV, and BAC will place top 7, almost ousting Cadets. PR will be forced to realize its 2017, and things must finally change. Troopers' Nessun Dorma will be a highlight of the year.

Agree with a lot of what you said, but I wouldn't count BD out of winning guard, nor would I could SCV winning GE or guard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, henry7184 said:

New predictions (as well):

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils

3. Ssanta Clara Vanguard

4. Carolina Crown/Cadets

5. Cadets/Carolina Crown

6. Cavaliers

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

-

13. Mandarins

14. Academy/Troopers

15.Troopers/Academy

Getting warmer :)

(I actually mean the weather - boy is it hot today)

1 hour ago, JKT90 said:

Cannot make a prediction until all corps have performed at least a couple of times and at least until they have had full panels involved. Until then then, it's like trying to predict college football rankings in week 1. 

stop being so logical lol

• Like 3

On 6/20/2017 at 11:10 PM, bluesman said:

I've been out of the loop for the pre-season predictions.  So I left it to my OUIJA board for the following list.

1.  Bluecoats

2.  SCV

3.  Blue Devils

4.  Cadets

5.  Cavies

6.  Crown

7.  Boston 

8.  Phantom

9.  Blue Knights

10. The Academy

11. Blue Stars

12. Crossmen/Madison/

Colts/Mandarins

Having now seen videos of the contending corps I have a few changes to make.

1.   SCV    This show is off the chart.   Likely to win GE and percussion.   The only weakness I see is in visual demand.

2.   Bluecoats

3.   Blue Devils

4.   Crown

5.   Cavaliers

6.   Cadets

7.   Blue Knights

8.   Blue Stars

9.   Crossmen

10.  Boston

11.  Phantom

12.  The Academy

Edited by bluesman

On 6/25/2017 at 11:49 PM, DrumManTx said:

Blue Devils win brass.  That could be an all time great brass line by the time finals rolls around.  Probably color guard too just judging by how they progress by finals unless Bluecoats get some traction too.  Percussion is a toss up between around 3 corps IMO.  Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, and Bluecoats.  

I know this post is from a while ago, but I would probably throw Cavies in the mix here.

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I think Cavaliers could be in the conversation for guard and percussion, just gonna wait and see.  

Im reasonably sure I already like this show more than 2016.  This season is too good.

A little late to the party.

1. Bluecoats- they manage to pull it off 2 years in a row as a relative newcomer to the podium.  No dropoff here.  I highly doubt they will fall below the silver.

2. Blue devils- although I don't think it's inconvenievable to be a gold medal winner.  I think this show will bounce from 1st to 3rd...maybe even 4th and finish at 2.

3. Carolina Crown- they are performing well and gaining steam. They will keep moral up and end up coming away with the bronze although they have an unpopular show.

4. SCV- another beautiful, classy, well performed and well written show that just misses a medal.

5. The Cadets- all of their additions to the show and and changes get them to close the gap on the cavies and pass them up finals week.

6. The Cavaliers- this show will bounce around from 4 to 6 all season. The scores will be much closer in the top 6 than they have in a long time.

GAP

7. Blue Knights- they spend the season duking it out with BAC and come out on top.

8. Boston crusaders- They finish strong after nearly missing finals last year. They keep the crossmen, phantom, Madison, and the blue stars at Bay all season.

9. Phantom- they come out on top of a tightly packed and competitve group at 9-12. They clean up their difficult show.

10. The crossmen- they win the battle with the blue stars but phantom passes them. 

11. Blue Stars- okay I haven't seen it yet.

12. Madison- their reboot gets them back at finals... barely.

Captions

Brass: Carolina Crown

Percussion: SCV

Color guard: Crown

GE: coats

Visual: BD

Best Uniform: Carolina Crown ;)

Edited by ThePlanets

3 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

6. The Cavaliers- this show will bounce around from 4 to 6 all season. The scores will be much closer in the top 6 than they have in a long time.

You have the Cavs in 6th?... and your poster name you chose is.. " ThePlanets ". Such blasphemy !.. ( haha.. just kidding.. welcome to DCP, by the way )

• Like 1