Staff merri-go-round

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. The positivity and love are definitely appreciated! I want to publicly state what an amazing experience I had while teaching at Crown. By far, the hardest part of making the decision to go back to the Cadets was realizing that meant I had to leave Crown. The percussionists this summer were the most respectful, coachable, positive, determined young people I have ever worked with. They inspired me every single day.

As far as the Crown staff and administration goes, my two years there were fabulous. I was respected, motivated, and humbled by the entire team, led by Jim Coates. I want to thank my friends Thom Hannum and Michael Klesch for bringing me on board to work with such an exemplary team. Matt Harloff and the Crown brass staff, as well as performers, overwhelmed me with their talent and expertise. I learned a lot by working with the entire Crown staff. I wish nothing but the best for Crown members, staff, and volunteers.

My decision to go back to the Cadets was based purely on my history and my future; my legacy. I was with the Cadets for 27 years - as a member, a tech, a caption head, and an arranger. My career was born there. I did not get to leave the Cadets on good terms. I am returning on my terms to finish something I started a long time ago. I was born of the Cadets and with any family there is strife, hardship, and dysfunction. But there is also love. I love the Cadets. I want to push them into the future while honoring the traditions of their past. Innovate and remember. "Back to the future!"

Not familiar with Mr Aungst history with the Cadets/YEA. Wondering what was the reason he "did not get to leave on his terms" ?

Wishing Tom well! And hoping things go better for him this time around!

• Like 1

A number of gooses, perhaps.

As long as they're not Goose Eggs, we'll be fine....

Tom Aungst on Facebook:

Could that be a hint at next year's show?

Would love to see someone tackle a "Back to the Future" show!

there's more to this story...

I'm just wondering why so many departures all at the same time? Could the changes made to this years show ending have caused discord amongst the staff? Or are they all just motivated by more money elsewhere?

Hope they have some good replacements in mind.

I'm just wondering why so many departures all at the same time? Could the changes made to this years show ending have caused discord amongst the staff? Or are they all just motivated by more money elsewhere?

Hope they have some good replacements in mind.

I think they have a few options out there. They will be okay and their brass will still be strong.

From my understanding, its how things are being ran at Crown. Money and feelings of being underpaid is a factor of that, I'm sure, but I think it's deeper than that and this looked like a good chance to make the move together while Boston rebrands.

I have a kid in crown and she says that's her home, but its the kids and teaching staff that makes it so

I think they have a few options out there. They will be okay and their brass will still be strong.

From my understanding, its how things are being ran at Crown. Money and feelings of being underpaid is a factor of that, I'm sure, but I think it's deeper than that and this looked like a good chance to make the move together while Boston rebrands.

I have a kid in crown and she says that's her home, but its the kids and teaching staff that makes it so

I don't believe what Boston has done and is doing is "rebranding".

:doh: