Staff merri-go-round

Boston has been at this for a while. To be honest back in da day crown is very much like star of indiana = very young corps.

We all get your bitter.

We have nothing to recover from. Crown will be just fine......

Exactly.

I don't think anyone's exactly "bitter". Just upset. Which is understandable. Losing so much of the staff is hard for corps and fans. They'll be just fine. Might drop out of medal contention for the 2017 season, but they might not. If they do, look out 2018.

I'm sure Crown will be fine, but to say nothing to recover from is just not accurate.

You don't lose key pieces of your Percussion staff, Visual staff, Guard staff, and the drill writer and have nothing to rebuild.

• Like 1

To clarify - you could SEE how far down the crapper the organization was in 2007. The process of getting there took several years of work behind the scenes.

. My son was in Cap Sound '99 - '03. I saw it all go down. He then went to Southwind '04 -'06. Then they got cut loose like CS. He aged out in '07 with the Scouts. It was especially cruel what happened to Capital Sound. Congratulations on making finals the first time. BTW, you're disbanded. But, I understand that the Scouts were the priority.

I'm sure Crown will be fine, but to say nothing to recover from is just not accurate.

You don't lose key pieces of your Percussion staff, Visual staff, Guard staff, and the drill writer and have nothing to rebuild.

Just remember that the Madison Scouts landed a bunch of big names years ago and there were many of us that thought "watch out." Top 5 corps in the making. That never really happened...not even close. They had some nice shows but never made a dent in the top 5 or 6.

• Like 3

Just remember that the Madison Scouts landed a bunch of big names years ago and there were many of us that thought "watch out." Top 5 corps in the making. That never really happened...not even close. They had some nice shows but never made a dent in the top 5 or 6.

Yes I agree...but by that time Madison's brand was in jeopardy...they had just come off a rough year in 15th place competitively with their show El Relámpago...the big names you mention at the time were Donnie Van Doren, Jim Prime, Jon Vanderkolff, Jim Moore and Jeff Lee as their design team...and honestly a 5 year plan was just not enough time...10 years would have probably been more realistic and propelled the Scouts to the top IMO...and moving 5 places in one season is no small feat either considering most corps on average only move at most if any movement at all... 2 spots up or down from season to season...

• Like 1

Yes I agree...but by that time Madison's brand was in jeopardy...they had just come off a rough year in 15th place competitively with their show El Relámpago...the big names you mention at the time were Donnie Van Doren, Jim Prime, Jon Vanderkolff, Jim Moore and Jeff Lee as their design team...and honestly a 5 year plan was just not enough time...10 years would have probably been more realistic and propelled the Scouts to the top IMO...

The five year plan was fine, and more than enough time. The part of the plan that never materialized was the necessity in recruiting top-tier talent...that never happened. They basically worked a miracle with the talent they had, and reached a ceiling as a result. That took the wind out of the design sails the last couple of years that team was at Scouts.

• Like 1

The five year plan was fine, and more than enough time. The part of the plan that never materialized was the necessity in recruiting top-tier talent...that never happened. They basically worked a miracle with the talent they had, and reached a ceiling as a result. That took the wind out of the design sails the last couple of years that team was at Scouts.

That would mean that the philosophy of "If you build it, he <they> will come" failed in that regard...makes sense what you are saying though...

If they get a decent staff or better staff to replace those openings, then there's nothing to actually recover from.

Besides that, they didn't lose every person in each of those departments. Just key people. So, if those staff members that are leaving left ANY impression on the staff that is staying, I still think they'll be just fine.

Nothing to worry about until we find out who is replacing who.