Cadets 2017

Theyll have to get George out whcih they have already thankfully and i hope they keep the horn breaks in the program this year i think that will become more mainstream. They already got a good drumline its just the writing isnt the best snd niether are the themes. The brass is pretty good as always again its the theme. The guard will be pretty good as always. They need to get a different drill designer and find something fresh and innovative like a show with modern influences like most of their recent shows have ahd classical influences like 2013 barber 2014 copland 2015 shostakovich and this year being resphighi they need to get a show theme before they plan the music which is what i think Hop does thats why theyre drill isnt neccessarily in tune with the music its great sound. And also thats probably why they had the name issue like its not a clear concise name i thought it wouldve had something to do with drugs and the colors would be like green. Like i said george needs to go of course he has to stay till they resurrect him as a Cadet zombie.

Have they announced a drill writer yet? I forget with the billion staff changes going on.

O.o

no - still negotiating...

I'm hoping they dip in and get a fresh guy - so many young people designing for HS and indoor - bring one of those on "the next new drill god"; a gig at Cadets would be a dream job for someone like that - Marc could help mentor them. JMO. I'm hoping for an UNKNOWN

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

no - still negotiating...

I'm hoping they dip in and get a fresh guy - so man young people designing for HS and indoor - bring one of those on "the next new drill god"; a gig at Cadets would be a dream job for someone like that - Marc could help mentor them. JMO. I'm hoping for an UNKNOWN

You know, someone had to be the next Ralph Pace ... that person was George Zingali. Someone has to be the next Sacktig ... maybe we will find out who that is in 2017 with Cadets.