Cadets 2017

I was once a co-owner of an SEC college sports online community on the Rivals network, and FWIW DCP is consistently more thoughtful, more informative, more "encouraging," and less knee jerk than anything I ever saw on Rivals. Yes there is negativity, anger, personal attacks and rumor mongering, but that literally comes with the message board territory imho.

The only thing that I find unique to DCP versus Rivals is those who feel it is important to maintain the right spin on "their" corps' talk. The "defenders" of X corps, really bring little if anything to a community like this.

Other than that, I consistently marvel at how people who love a certain corps can also love the activity more. That, to me, is very cool and unique.

• Like 3

I did hear Hop announced the G7 was officially dead on the USBands judges call

One has to wonder why such an announcement was needed to be made...

• Like 1

One has to wonder why such an announcement was needed to be made...

Maybe he was describing the responsibilities (or now lack thereof) for his staff.

Considering that Cadets' staff was/is a significant part of USBands judging staff, perhaps some of his remaining judges are concerned about their requirements. Gino and others were frequently seen in the booth at USBands shows.

I was once a co-owner of an SEC college sports online community on the Rivals network, and FWIW DCP is consistently more thoughtful, more informative, more "encouraging," and less knee jerk than anything I ever saw on Rivals. Yes there is negativity, anger, personal attacks and rumor mongering, but that literally comes with the message board territory imho.

The only thing that I find unique to DCP versus Rivals is those who feel it is important to maintain the right spin on "their" corps' talk. The "defenders" of X corps, really bring little if anything to a community like this.

Other than that, I consistently marvel at how people who love a certain corps can also love the activity more. That, to me, is very cool and unique.

Sports forums are typically the worst. Other than political ones which are at another level. I own 9 active forums currently and have literally seen it all

The hate directed at Hopkins and or cadets is the act of about 20 individuals and is a unique dynamic in my experience

Sports forums are typically the worst. Other than political ones which are at another level. I own 9 active forums currently and have literally seen it all

The hate directed at Hopkins and or cadets is the act of about 20 individuals and is a unique dynamic in my experience

I know of no other who has given so many fans so many reasons to despise him. From the dramatic changes instituted via his Master Plan to the attempted coup of 2010 with its blatant attempt to throw the rest of the activity's members off the train, he has crafted himself as a lightening rod for hate with a seeming disregard that borders on institutional arrogance.

I've said for years that I'm frequently amazed at how I can hold such love for his end product when I have such disdain for the man.

I wish his kids and his corps nothing but the best, but I can't seem to get past his comment that he'd "...never belong to a governing body that he didn't control."

Hard to see his ideas in a wholesome light when one has to constantly questions both his motivations and his methods.

Maybe all directors are this way.

And maybe his persona is only a reflection of a public veneer of arrogance.

But it goes without denial that it's a veneer of his own creation.

• Like 5

Eh there are many factors at work

Ok, maybe. Or maybe as many straw-men and excuses.

Regardless, your connotation is that he either actively creates many factors for deflection or he's not competent at handling many factors out of his control.

Either way, I can't wait to see him stay out of the spotlight and for his corps to excel. My hope is that, despite him, it will.

• Like 2

"Hate" huh? Are you triggered? Who is the judge of what constitutes "hate" speech? Here we go again. Let's remove all posts that aren't fanboy for Hop. That's what you want? Toughen up buttercup. This forum would wither and die if comments were censored like that. Hop made himself a public figure. He shone the spotlight on himself. And continues to do so. That will attract attention and comments. You can't have it both ways. Well I guess you can if you want to stoop to censorship.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1