Cadets 2017

I keep wondering about MM's following staff, and how the departures at Cadets might affect their attendance at auditions in November. I know the recent additions to staff aren't unknowns, but the names like Gino's and McNut's are truly legendary.

Will the replacement staff be able to attract the level of talent that the other staff are used to? I know only time will tell, but that variable was not as major a consideration to success as it appears it will be in 2017.

• Like 1

"Hate" huh? Are you triggered? Who is the judge of what constitutes "hate" speech? Here we go again. Let's remove all posts that aren't fanboy for Hop. That's what you want? Toughen up buttercup. This forum would wither and die if comments were censored like that. Hop made himself a public figure. He shone the spotlight on himself. And continues to do so. That will attract attention and comments. You can't have it both ways. Well I guess you can if you want to stoop to censorship.

One might get the impression that George D. sold DCP to Cadet alumni/fans.

I keep wondering about MM's following staff, and how the departures at Cadets might affect their attendance at auditions in November. I know the recent additions to staff aren't unknowns, but the names like Gino's and McNut's are truly legendary.

Will the replacement staff be able to attract the level of talent that the other staff are used to? I know only time will tell, but that variable was not as major a consideration to success as it appears it will be in 2017.

Good question. I think Cadets going back to traditional colors is huge. There are many kids thst want to march Cadets and that will help.

Talent does follow successful programs so percussion will be fine. Guard, Kristy snd Joe just won their second consecutive guard trophy at DCA so hopefully their Cadets program continues to develop. Cadets brass? Still not sure on that one. I guess it's up to Cadets to create a buzz as we approach auditions.

So I did some digging and found out that Music in Motion has had no revenue nor filed any 990's since its formation.

Please refresh my memory. Wasn't MiM a subsequent power play attempt they made around the Jannuals in 2012? The one that prompted the letter from the Troopers Board that went public?

Please refresh my memory. Wasn't MiM a subsequent power play attempt they made around the Jannuals in 2012? The one that prompted the letter from the Troopers Board that went public?

I never knew at the time where the leak started...thank you Troopers!!!! ...you saved the activity.

I don't recall it as a power play. I recall it as being the vessel under which the G7 would run their own show circuit separate from DCI. Yea, Troopers made me smile...

Sports forums are typically the worst. Other than political ones which are at another level. I own 9 active forums currently and have literally seen it all

The hate directed at Hopkins and or cadets is the act of about 20 individuals and is a unique dynamic in my experience

FWIW, I see zero hate for Cadets. Literally none. In fact, quite the contrary.

• Like 2

Good question. I think Cadets going back to traditional colors is huge. There are many kids thst want to march Cadets and that will help.

Talent does follow successful programs so percussion will be fine. Guard, Kristy snd Joe just won their second consecutive guard trophy at DCA so hopefully their Cadets program continues to develop. Cadets brass? Still not sure on that one. I guess it's up to Cadets to create a buzz as we approach auditions.

Talent follows successful programs, but also successful teachers. I doubt we have ever seen so many elite educators leave one corps in the offseason for other world class corps. We haven't seen this scenario before, especially with BAC and Crown so geographically close to Cadets.

I think it would be naive to think it won't effect at least some marching talent that would have otherwise stayed with Cadets. It may have a bigger impact on corps like Crossmen, Scouts and Blue Stars, who could see experienced members leave for Cadets. Who knows at this point.

I'm pretty sure that George would agree that that's not the case!

Sold it to a BD guy who had the interest and funding and work ethic to pear it going forward