Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Read all the commentary, saw all the links. I'm hoping for a competitive season. However, I am still not sold on this program. 

that's cool. When will you be "sold"? When it scores well? Is that what this is about now? 

Just wondering.

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

that's cool. When will you be "sold"? When it scores well? Is that what this is about now? 

Just wondering.

tumblr_o8c5e67nPI1sl58vfo1_500.jpg

:spitting:

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

:spitting:

f83eae9f37e4f9a9c959e2c7c4af8856cfb72d8b

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Just wondering.

Many Cadet fans and certainly alumni have really found this past decade a downward trend as far as ranking/scoring and last year was the worse. Whether we admit or not, scores tend to influence our perception of a show.  Tek is just being reserved. I think the show is great from what I saw. A mess only 2 weeks in but once it's under their belts and they become the characters, it should be big.

Edited by Tobias

49 minutes ago, xandandl said:

at least Aungst.

Remember the other guy was around A LOT in 2016.

Don't you remember him saving Hopkins from becoming burning carnage in the camper?

I recall him coming in around mid-season to salvage what he could... Wasn't really around much early on

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Just wondering.

Your implication that I am obsessed with scores is a cheap shot, but it is accurate. Yes. I am DEFINITELY going to be looking to see if it scores well. But I am ALSO obsessed at how entertaining the show is. If Cadets' show isn't entertaining, it WILL bother me. Consider the reception they received during finals week. They were minuscule golf claps compared to what the top 5 received. Cadets need to work for the same. 

I'm not dismissing the program. I am simply saying I am not sold yet. Others may be sold on it, and that's perfectly ok with me. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 9

Wait, they have 3 semi-trailers (18 wheelers)? One of which was added this year for props? This is in addition to the food truck?

How many mile, how much gas, how many dollars are they burning while killing the planet for cheap GE?

Please tell me I got this wrong

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Wait, they have 3 semi-trailers (18 wheelers)? One of which was added this year for props? This is in addition to the food truck?

How many mile, how much gas, how many dollars are they burning while killing the planet for cheap GE?

Lol, you make it seem as though this is a new trend in drum corps. Come on now. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cowtown said:

You've got it wrong.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cowtown said:

They actually added the third tractor trailer last year.  Most of the other top groups also have 3 tractor trailers, and have had that many for longer than the Cadets.  According to Hop, he resisted adding the third trailer, but the cost turned out to be not that much more.

• Like 1