Cadets 2017

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Predicting a 4th place finish for the winningest corps in DCI history performing a show that's literally about transformation (hint: the show's gonna change over the course of the season) 

bold move.

Not all that bold.  Everyone forgets 1988 to 1993 as well as 1998 to 2006.  Tides turn.  Granted only finishing 8 times out of the top 3 since 1974 might indicate a bold prediction.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Usually Mistified said:

Not all that bold.  Everyone forgets 1988 to 1993 as well as 1998 to 2006.  Tides turn.  Granted only finishing 8 times out of the top 3 since 1974 might indicate a bold prediction.

Kinda missing my point. It's June 28th. Lots of corps' shows are gonna change a ton, BD's especially due to their show concept. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Kinda missing my point. It's June 28th. Lots of corps' shows are gonna change a ton, BD's especially due to their show concept. 

I am aware that corps make changes, I've been in and around this activity for 40 years. Most corps change over the season, sometimes those changes are not for the better.  2011 Blue Devils case in point, the changes took the heart out of the show.  Changes are not a panacea which equal a better show. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Usually Mistified said:

I am aware that corps make changes, I've been in and around this activity for 40 years. Most corps change over the season, sometimes those changes are not for the better.  2011 Blue Devils case in point, the changes took the heart out of the show.  Changes are not a panacea which equal a better show. 

This is veering way off topic now but is there an early to mid season recording of BD 2011? I've only heard the final product of that one

8 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I'm sitting here in Allentown watching Cadets rehearsal, and I literally CANNOT believe how great this sounds and looks!!

Indeed. We were there from 8 til 10 and were amazed. We came up the hill on the west side and noticed that there are images on the reverse of the stained glass panels...should be interesting as this show progresses! 

I need to see this show for myself. As I have not yet bless my eyes on it, I cant even give my own thoughts. I hope I do get a recording of it soon. O have read many comments and expression of the show both good and bad, but I can't relate to any of those since, you know, I have not seen it yet.

12 minutes ago, Usually Mistified said:

I would look for a YT prior to San Antoino to compare. The Dallas or Denton should do it. You could say,  I was mistified during finals week.

You're usually mystified though, no?

I kid, I kid :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

This is veering way off topic now but is there an early to mid season recording of BD 2011? I've only heard the final product of that one

Try Spotify. The preseason recording is there, I am pretty sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Usually Mistified said:

Was THAT the beat their heart skipped?

• Like 1