Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

I have no reason to doubt you know the judging sheets, but Tom Aungst (with Crown the past few years), Drew Shanefield (with Cavies during some of their power years) are not oblivious to the activity. I've seen several practice vids and have yet to see the show with costuming etc but how are you able to look at s design at such a preliminary form and condemn it? I'm not being sarcastic, but isn't there some artistic liberty that judges give a corps to express their show? Some more blatant, some more subtle? Just curious...

Thank you!!  Let's not forget our men in green are human too and they just may like what everyone else is disliking.  That is why when I'm on tour I express my opinion from being on the road with the corps and not all this speculation and poor design comments.  We have heard everything from being 2 to 3 points out on Thursday to a poorly designed show that will not compete with the frontrunners.....which is who by the way?  Crown, not impressed, Cavaliers, not impressed, so that leaves BD which gets my highest respect because they figured it out a long time ago and have kept it going.  Bluecoats got a taste of winning last season and want more.  Let's not leave out SCV; as my friend likes to call them "the Rolls Royce of DCI".  There will be some surprises come Thursday night and I hope some of you are ready for them.  Only 24 hours to go and then we shift the discussion to something else.  Thank God!!

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shewhois said:

I'm genuinely interested to hear specifics about your opinion. I like The Cadets and have seen their show; I love it but I know it's not perfect (not many shows in June are). What do you think the biggest issues are?

Don't worry after the theater tomorrow I'll tell everyone all about it

So many people are bagging on Crown's design, which is what I do not understand. I find the show pretty meaty in my opinion and I think they're gonna do very well this summer. Cadets on the other hand, we will see what the judges have to say I guess. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I really wish Cadets had chosen one of those uniform designs on your avatar. 

LOL. You know, I love the maroon and gold that they've had for ever. Most classy uniform in DCI. It was in 1983 and in 2013. I do like this years - the top once the robes are removed. It's got a cool design, but those classic uniforms stand the test of time, IMO.....but we all know uniforms are becoming a thing of the past. The Cadets guard unis I probably liked most were '85 or '87s. 

10 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Thank you!!  Let's not forget our men in green are human too and they just may like what everyone else is disliking.  That is why when I'm on tour I express my opinion from being on the road with the corps and not all this speculation and poor design comments.  We have heard everything from being 2 to 3 points out on Thursday to a poorly designed show that will not compete with the frontrunners.....which is who by the way?  Crown, not impressed, Cavaliers, not impressed, so that leaves BD which gets my highest respect because they figured it out a long time ago and have kept it going.  Bluecoats got a taste of winning last season and want more.  Let's not leave out SCV; as my friend likes to call them "the Rolls Royce of DCI".  There will be some surprises come Thursday night and I hope some of you are ready for them.  Only 24 hours to go and then we shift the discussion to something else.  Thank God!!

Fan of the Arts

I tried my mom trick of distracting the kids when they're arguing, Irving.  Didn't work.  I've lost my skills.  :laughing:

• Like 2

• Like 1

Hoppie really needs to stir something up to keep the Bor, er, Cadets fans from eating themselves and others

Oh, look, right on cue

Gold Shoes? That’s not drum corps why in my day we had black or white shoes and we liked it !!!

Why this is just another reason why everything is going to the dogs. Gold Shoes are SAD. I demand Cadets go back to white bucks !!!

MCGA !!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cowtown said:

Hoppie really needs to stir something up to keep the Bor, er, Cadets fans from eating themselves and others

Oh, look, right on cue

Gold Shoes? That’s not drum corps why in my day we had black or white shoes and we liked it !!!

Why this is just another reason why everything is going to the dogs. Gold Shoes are SAD. I demand Cadets go back to white bucks !!!

MCGA !!!

This is (hopefully) top tier sarcasm

15 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

So many people are bagging on Crown's design, which is what I do not understand. I find the show pretty meaty in my opinion and I think they're gonna do very well this summer. Cadets on the other hand, we will see what the judges have to say I guess. 

I agree. It's meaty with a readable drill, exceptionally well integrated guard, and great music. They are going to do very well come August.