Cadets 2017

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Yes. We know. Cadets suck. 

C'mon, Tekk, gimme a break.  I can criticize just like anyone else, especially when I, as a donor, see something that looks like a poor misuse of funds.

Just now, George Dixon said:

the supplier provided these free of charge as a "temporary" fix while the real set is being done

they are needed since the uniform changes take place behind them

I've seen the design for the real ones, should look sharp

And if this is true, I'll take back my previous statement about middle school plays and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyt said:

C'mon, Tekk, gimme a break.  I can criticize just like anyone else, especially when I, as a donor, see something that looks like a poor misuse of funds.

And if this is true, I'll take back my previous statement about middle school plays and hope for the best.

Oh I'm just joking around. I forgot to add an emoticon.

10 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I love composers who have been dead for almost 30 years and Bernstein's Mass is a wonderful piece, just not in the this arrangement.

Are you 18-22 years old?

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

the supplier provided these free of charge as a "temporary" fix while the real set is being done

they are needed since the uniform changes take place behind them

I've seen the design for the real ones, should look sharp

This makes sense and is what I was thinking. I hope they do use plastics that let light go through. I will say I like the guard work a lot better this year than last year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Ok, fair enough...but Carolina Crown is opening their show with music written by a church organist who happens to be 267 years dead. 

I thought they were opening with Radiohead?

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

This makes sense and is what I was thinking. I hope they do use plastics that let light go through. I will say I like the guard work a lot better this year than last year.

yup just gotta get clean - quickly! they have great work ethic and attitudes and are making rapid progress

I don't think there is "plastic" in the plan but they are supposed to look like stain glass with large black frames between the glass etc

design should be something like this without the text lol

18766764_10155453480836349_5236559605807

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

fortunately the members are great this year and the staff is positive

none of the negativity of the past couple seasons

and a much healthier and optimistic "Get it done" vibe than in this thread where "adults" sit behind keyboards trashing everything and anything

members working very hard - they eat dinner at midnight today - doing their best to put a good show on for the crowd tomorrow

I don't think having issues with what a corps doing is trashing them. If it were, you're telling me you've never trashed anything. You've never seen a movie, concert, art show, play, musical, etc... that you didn't think sucked? You all know I how I feel about this show, but I don't think it sucks. People have been critical of any form of art since the beginning of art, and we are discussing art here. We may not all disagree, but that's the beauty of it. 

I know this is a bit off topic, but I have a point. In 1976, Bayreuth Festspiele staged the centenary production of Richard Wagner's "Der Ring des Nibelungen." It was a modern production that outraged it's audience. I have a recording of it, and it is crazy listening to the audience boo and jeer through the 14+ hour performance. Winifred Wagner, then the leader for the Wagner family, who disliked the production herself, asked rhetorically "isn't it better to be furious than to be bored?". The point is - if we all didn't disagree once in a while, it would be a very boring discussion board.

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

yup just gotta get clean - quickly! they have great work ethic and attitudes and are making rapid progress

I don't think there is "plastic" in the plan but they are supposed to look like stain glass with large black frames between the glass etc

design should be something like this without the text lol

18766764_10155453480836349_5236559605807

I feel guilty about laughing.  I'm sure the windows will be fine.