Cadets 2017

Just now, E3D said:

Not really. I just look at it as objective as I can. Read what I posted not what I quoted. The quotes and Italic is not my post it is a "sample" of what is being said somewhere else. That is actually one of the nice ones. That type of trend is not good. 

You seem extremely non objective

saying you are doesn't make it so!

those Glassdoor reviews are a bad joke, and please don't expect any of us to take those as "fact"

Just now, George Dixon said:

Those Glassdoor reviews were roundly dismissed as all within a few months and obviously from the same individual. Also Hopkins does not make 200k per year, not even close. 

He has his critics but geez, hard to take that hipster on Glasdoor seriously at all

So those are all one person? The writing styles appear to be different. I'm not saying GHOP needs to do anything, just making a point that clearly there are some things that need improvement. That is all. 

I like the Cadets, but what I don't like is watching something heading in the wrong direction. That is just an opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

You seem extremely non objective

saying you are doesn't make it so!

those Glassdoor reviews are a bad joke, and please don't expect any of us to take those as "fact"

Well I really don't get the joke then. I understand the love for one's corps can also cause the lack of reflection and change. 

Just now, E3D said:

So those are all one person? The writing styles appear to be different. I'm not saying GHOP needs to do anything, just making a point that clearly there are some things that need improvement. That is all. 

I like the Cadets, but what I don't like is watching something heading in the wrong direction. That is just an opinion. 

Yes we believe all those reviews were either one or two individuals . A couple more closely involved claim to know who the individual was personally and the context of their unhappiness Aka unreasonableness 

rule number one: don't believe internet reciews 

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yes we believe all those reviews were either one or two individuals . A couple more closely involved claim to know who the individual was personally and the context of their unhappiness Aka unreasonableness 

rule number one: don't believe internet reciews 

IF that is the situation then Someone from YEA needs to contact glassdoor and have them removed. It is simple. I know my company had to have a couple of things removed from glassdoor previously. Nothing is truly anonymous on the interweb, if it is as you say then YEA and GHOP  can seek damages against that person. 

And whoever done that is shameful and lacks morals. Because that quote I put on here was tame compared to some of the other things. 

AnyWho - best to the Cadets and I enjoy the show. Not the uni's but the show. :guinesssmilie:

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Those Glassdoor reviews were roundly dismissed as all within a few months and obviously from the same individual. Also Hopkins does not make 200k per year, not even close. 

He has his critics but geez, hard to take that hipster on Glasdoor seriously at all

I like to follow corps 990's on GuideStar. Per the 2014 info, one can view what his reported income was along with additional income. Being corps are non-profts, all information is public/transparent. Some corps scrape by...others are killing it (BD).

9 hours ago, sched88 said:

If I like the Cadets show, that will be good for me even if it doesn't place as well as I would like.  Last year's show was so disappointing.  I really haven't loved Boston's shows the last few years either even though they are a favorite of mine too.  I hope I like both shows.  I would really like to see a battle and some competitiveness there.  

I'd be surprised if you didn't like both corps' shows. Boston's cranks along with great music driving memorable moments. Cadets' is special because it is beautiful in multi-dimensional and unexpected ways. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Even if the new ending ends up catapulting them into the top 3, my outlook on his involvement with the corps remains the same.

I think after the disaster of 2016, George actually learned a lesson and stepped back a bit. The new ending delay was planned out ahead of time, so as far as I can tell there have been no meddling or crazy design change demands every night a la "Awakening/Stoned." It's truly a rebuilding year, and I think George actually developed enough common sense to let the design staff work things out at this point of the season. Whether is continues throughout the season remains to be seen, but I really do believe he has scaled it back this year, like you wanted.

If there is anything that we should all be down Hoppy's throat about, it's that absolute travesty of a t-shirt. Unless the Cadets are deliberately tanking this year, "Trust the Process" need not apply, and is just stealing local lingo for a buck. It's an insult to TRUE Process trusters. #lickface

16 minutes ago, E3D said:

I actually think the corps is fine and heading in the right direction -- at least from a show perspective. The current show is just fine to me. 

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I think after the disaster of 2016, George actually learned a lesson and stepped back a bit. The new ending delay was planned out ahead of time, so as far as I can tell there have been no meddling or crazy design change demands every night a la "Awakening/Stoned." It's truly a rebuilding year, and I think George actually developed enough common sense to let the design staff work things out at this point of the season. Whether is continues throughout the season remains to be seen, but I really do believe he has scaled it back this year, like you wanted.

If there is anything that we should all be down Hoppy's throat about, it's that absolute travesty of a t-shirt. Unless the Cadets are deliberately tanking this year, "Trust the Process" need not apply, and is just stealing local lingo for a buck. It's an insult to TRUE Process trusters. #lickface

I hope that's the case and this new design team is being given slack to stretch their talents to bring Cadets into a new age.  I also hope that another 6th place (or possibly lower) finish doesn't cause a knee-jerk reaction and the reigns tighten up again.

All I want is to be able to throw babies for this corps again.

• Like 1