Carolina Crown 2017

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Can we meet half way at "pretty bad"?

it just fell so flat, and at LOS the cynics around me were rolling their eyes

it also didn't fit the relentless theme at all

jmo 

I have no problem with your perspective and can see how the ending felt somewhat forced. I don't pay attention to any of the political messaging/themes. In fact, I would prefer shows that didn't needs a dissertation to explain the meaning prior to watching. That's what was so refreshing to me about Crown and Bluecoats last season. Both were incredibly accessible and fun!

I thought the section between the opener and Roxanne was impressive and I would love it if it were alone, but it didn't really go anywhere. I understand it was supposed to be the beginning of "The Journey," but I wouldn't have thought that without being told.

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The "new" ending was terrible. 

Yep...like the entire Cadets 2016 show. While I don't really think The Cadets 2016 show was 'terrible' I figured I'd jump in here and throw out some hyperbole just like George here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, auldschool said:

Yep...like the entire Cadets 2016 show. While I don't really think The Cadets 2016 show was 'terrible' I figured I'd jump in here and throw out some hyperbole just like George here. 

We all get to have opinions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

We all get to have opinions. 

Yes we do. And while you may not have liked the end of the Crown 2016 show it was far from terrible. A corps does not finish third with a 'terrible' part of their show. Hey I'd have rather seen them do some great drill and not make the outline of a gun and all. But it worked. And again, this is the group of fans who like Crown...right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auldschool said:

Yes we do. And while you may not have liked the end of the Crown 2016 show it was far from terrible. A corps does not finish third with a 'terrible' part of their show. Hey I'd have rather seen them do some great drill and not make the outline of a gun and all. But it worked. And again, this is the group of fans who like Crown...right?

I like Crown. I liked Crown a ton last year. I  had picked them to win pre season (until I saw the Coats show) and hoped to see them in second until I saw the new ending

Good shows and corps can have terrible endings. BD running to the front in show after show was a pretty terrible ending more than one season as just one example. Cadets 2013 finished third with a terrible ending and almost finished 3rd (4th finals night) with a terrible ending in 2014

it happens, trust me!

The ending for Crown's 2010 Second Chances "rewind" deal is another example of a bad "forced" ending to an otherwise good show.  (and for the record I loved 2009 and the context of its ending!!)

Edited by Wog

9 hours ago, auldschool said:

I'm going to disagree. Don't mean to pick on BD but the first thing that comes to mind is K-pop 2015, the break dance stuff whatever you call it in 2016. Absolute crap if you ask me and those shows got 1st and 2nd.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

I'm going to disagree. Don't mean to pick on BD but the first thing that comes to mind is K-pop 2015, the break dance stuff whatever you call it in 2016. Absolute crap if you ask me and those shows got 1st and 2nd.

Agreed. The stuff they get away with...

• Like 2