Carolina Crown 2017

41 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

I'm going to disagree. Don't mean to pick on BD but the first thing that comes to mind is K-pop 2015, the break dance stuff whatever you call it in 2016. Absolute crap if you ask me and those shows got 1st and 2nd.

I agree that the dance break in 2016 was poorly done but I'm gonna have to disagree on the 2015 kpop section. I personally found that section to be one of the highlights of that show, it started with a great groove and increased in intensity until the very end of the section. Very powerful stuff. It made musical sense and wasn't just inserted in there as a drum break like it was in 2016. It flowed with the rest of the show. 

Sometimes I feel people hate on these "dance breaks" and such just because it's different from what they're used to in drum corps. And yes, I'm calling you all old.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Sometimes I feel people hate on these "dance breaks" and such just because it's different from what they're used to in drum corps. And yes, I'm calling you all old.

I went to a dance competition the other night, and a drum corps show broke out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I went to a dance competition the other night, and a drum corps show broke out.

Here I was thinking that the WGI season had finished by now too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I agree that the dance break in 2016 was poorly done but I'm gonna have to disagree on the 2015 kpop section. I personally found that section to be one of the highlights of that show, it started with a great groove and increased in intensity until the very end of the section. Very powerful stuff. It made musical sense and wasn't just inserted in there as a drum break like it was in 2016. It flowed with the rest of the show. 

I will say the kpop was done in better taste than the dance break in 2016, just wasn't for me. I actually enjoyed 2015 BD overall. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I know the Kpop is the section I always look forward to seeing when I plop in my BluRay ... oh wait ...

• Like 3

In spite the thoughts on crown predictive placement this year because of staff changes. I really and sincerely and strongly feel this year show of Crown is going be REALLY SPECIAL and unique. i have always admire the corps since many years ago. i predicted their win coming before it happened in 2013 based on what i saw back in 2006 - 2007 shows and onward, because that's when i first started connecting with the corp.

They always have a special feel and energy about them, it cannot be denied. And i sat down and analyze them and saw the win coming but didn't know it would be 2013. Blue Devils is my first love and always will be then cavaliers stole a piece of my heart too when i first discovered DCI way back in my teenager years being in marching band. I began to take notice of cadets even more and i have great profound respect for that corp and organization i actually love them.  But Carolina Crown Is very very special and i connected with them so much, the way they move and play music. and identity that is reminiscent of the past so classy and elevated but yet so modern and intense, with a great horn line sound and Stella drills.

Waiting for the unraveling of this season to begin! what will we see this season? very exciting to know and bursting with anxiousness of the sweet treats that will fill our mouth with delightful variety of taste. hope to not get cavity from it all.

Much love crown! :thumbup::bigsmile:

• Like 2

I feel like Crown is my adopted corps.  I grew up in the Bay Area and never felt fully connected to either BD or SCV, although I respected them tremendously and still do. I feel like now that I'm living in the DC area (no corps), Crown makes a great adoption corps.  I remember in 2000, when I marched, they were playing the mask of Zorro...I think they were 1/4 the size of what they are today...a bit rough around the edges...but you can still hear the makings of greatness even then. 

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I know the Kpop is the section I always look forward to seeing when I plop in my BluRay ... oh wait ...

I guess on DCP when it comes to innovation, the Bloo brand of innovation is preferred to the Blue brand.

• Like 1