Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Is it just me or are the crowd vibes in the YT videos this year MUCH better than usual? I'm trying to remember the last time every crowd, in every video, was so audibly pleased with BD's show... Definitely not '10, '12, or '13 (definitely not '13). And not '11 from what I can remember, even though that show was an attempt to be crowd-pleasing. Most people seem to like Felliniesque, but I still don't remember the crowd I saw it with Oohing and Aahing for the whole, like this year. People liked Ink but Crown definitely soaked up most of the good vibes that year. I adored 1930, but it wasn't especially popular right, more respected than loved? 

I don't know—this feels new to me, honestly. 

When i saw Fellini live there was alot of oohing and aahing and when there was alot "That was the best show i ever seen live" going thru the crowd. BD 2014 was a masterpiece.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Is it just me or are the crowd vibes in the YT videos this year MUCH better than usual? I'm trying to remember the last time every crowd, in every video, was so audibly pleased with BD's show... Definitely not '10, '12, or '13 (definitely not '13). And not '11 from what I can remember, even though that show was an attempt to be crowd-pleasing. Most people seem to like Felliniesque, but I still don't remember the crowd I saw it with Oohing and Aahing for the whole, like this year. People liked Ink but Crown definitely soaked up most of the good vibes that year. I adored 1930, but it wasn't especially popular right, more respected than loved? 

I don't know—this feels new to me, honestly. 

I can recall quite a bit of "oohing" and "aahing" from the crowd throughout the Felliniesque show. Even '15 and '16, but not to the same extent.

To echo what Chief said, I too remember quite a few remarks about Felliniesque, such as it being the best show they'd ever seen live, "there was BD, then everybody else. They were that amazing", "I can't believe I'm cheering for BD again!" and so forth. Of course, there were also people who didn't like the show or thought it was "overrated", but on the whole, I remember the crowd being pleased.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

Let's see...

White props (again) ... check.
Mirrors (again) ... check.
Props used as "closets" for uniform changes (again) ... check.

Groundbreaking.

Image result for what did you say gif

I just watched the Shoreline Stadium video and it was so, so good.  In a week or  two BDs are going to be unbeatable.  I can't wait to see this show at finals.  Love this show.
Great music, great drill, great guard, great brass.  Just all around a great show.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Definitely not '10, '12, or '13 (definitely not '13). And not '11 from what I can remember, even though that show was an attempt to be crowd-pleasing.

Funny note about this statement.  I dont think this is what happened AT ALL, so please dont think less of me.  BUT, to me it was funny because in 2010, BD had that show that was rather unpopular and they beat a fan favorite.  I see 2011 like "sorry we changed our identity a bit too much, heres this to make you guys feel better".  I LOVE 2011, but it seemed like it was an apology to the fans that had a hard time with 2010, and then it got seemingly skipped (lol) as fan favorite due to the Cadets GE monster.  So 2012 I kind of see as BD like, "ok fine, you dont notice us when we do classic stuff..." then they step out of their comfort zone AGAIN with Cabaret Voltaire (the best design of all time imo).  So trust me, I dont think thats what happened, but it just seems funny to me...

• Like 3

On July 9, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Chief Guns said:

BD from last night.

Just watched this again. There is so much to love. The nod to the origins with the "off the line." The fact the the historical horn quotes from yesteryear are played not sampled. The guard ensemble work with the rifles in the opener and the flags in the ballad. The screamers. The high brass feature when all the middle horns pick up trumpets to play. The drum solo (ignore the Rhianna audio and listen to what the drumline is doing). This show is incredible and the historical quotes bring tears to the eyes. To those who say they don't March....huh? Did you see that. Maybe it is time to bring back the 86/87 spats. Wow.

Whoever has the "hype overload" gif, please post it now...I am DEFINITELY in hype overload mode. I can't wait to see what they do with this by finals.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

When i saw Fellini live there was alot of oohing and aahing and when there was alot "That was the best show i ever seen live" going thru the crowd. BD 2014 was a masterpiece.

3 hours ago, dcsnare93 said:

I can recall quite a bit of "oohing" and "aahing" from the crowd throughout the Felliniesque show. Even '15 and '16, but not to the same extent.

To echo what Chief said, I too remember quite a few remarks about Felliniesque, such as it being the best show they'd ever seen live, "there was BD, then everybody else. They were that amazing", "I can't believe I'm cheering for BD again!" and so forth. Of course, there were also people who didn't like the show or thought it was "overrated", but on the whole, I remember the crowd being pleased.

Dang, I wish I'd seen Felliniesque with you guys! I agree, for the record, that it's stupendous. But where I was sitting, in Allentown, people were being pretty begrudging, and it felt weird. I knew BD had won people over by Finals, though—how could they not. 

Either way, I'm just glad people seem excited this year. 

3 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Funny note about this statement.  I dont think this is what happened AT ALL, so please dont think less of me.  BUT, to me it was funny because in 2010, BD had that show that was rather unpopular and they beat a fan favorite.  I see 2011 like "sorry we changed our identity a bit too much, heres this to make you guys feel better".  I LOVE 2011, but it seemed like it was an apology to the fans that had a hard time with 2010, and then it got seemingly skipped (lol) as fan favorite due to the Cadets GE monster.  So 2012 I kind of see as BD like, "ok fine, you dont notice us when we do classic stuff..." then they step out of their comfort zone AGAIN with Cabaret Voltaire (the best design of all time imo).  So trust me, I dont think thats what happened, but it just seems funny to me...

Aren't you sort of right about some of this, though? 2011 definitely felt like an olive branch, to me, while still being a weirdo show. 

5 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Dang, I wish I'd seen Felliniesque with you guys! I agree, for the record, that it's stupendous. But where I was sitting, in Allentown, people were being pretty begrudging, and it felt weird. I knew BD had won people over by Finals, though—how could they not. 

Either way, I'm just glad people seem excited this year. 

From what i understand, Allentown isn't fond of the Devils. No matter what they do, they will never win that crowd over. 

• Like 3