Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

11 hours ago, Everyfan said:

When they hit the final chord of the show, the screamers play a short progression. I would love it if it became the NY Fantasy tag instead. 

The ballad is one of my favorite musical moments in dci history.

The transition to the ballad is one of the sloppiest drills I've ever seen from BD. Literally kids just walking to their next position. Then a few moments later the guard does the same thing, walking casually to the front. Very disappointing. Get that fixed!

29 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Uhhhhh, that's actually incorrect. It's the other way around. Have had full panels at almost all the shows to date...only the past couple have been five judge panels. Most of the shows back EAST have been short slates. Not that it really matters at this point...it will sort itself out when everyone gets to Texas. If anything, the scores out West have been lower.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! WELL FOR THE LAST TWO SHOWS I AM REFERRING SIR. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHER WAY AROUND. WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO THE CAPTIONS BEFORE THE LAST TWO SHOWS, ITS HALF  OF PANEL FOR BD SHOWS WHILE BC BEEN FULL PANEL AND BD SCORES BEEN CLIMBING IMPRESSIVELY! STILL ON TOP, SOOOOOOOOOOO...... ??? :whistle: ANYWAY NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM OTHER CORPS AS NUMEROUSLY DISCUSSED IN SO MANY THREAD OF THE QUALITY AND IMPRESSIVE SHOWS THIS YEAR, IT'S INSANELY SO INTENSE  GOOOOOD. HOWEVER THIS IS BD THREAD AND I COME TO RAVE ABOUT THEM UNEQUIVOCALLY, SO LET ME. LOL

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Ok, I'm actually relieved.  I love BD, but I really feel like that kind of pressure isn't good for a corps.

True! it's too much, but they can handle it.

• Like 1

When they hit the final chord of the show, the screamers play a short progression. I would love it if it became the NY Fantasy tag instead. 

I said the same thing on Facebook the other day.

Still waiting for a darrls-bar quote from the battery!

I'll NEVER forget hearing that for the first time back in 1980 when the Blue Devils played that is their opening trumpet (soprano) lick.  It was at DCI Canada in Hamilton and after we finished we walked to the front sidelines to hear BD and that unison "shake" was like nothing we ever heard outdoors.  It was like a 1970s big band sound.  

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I do think BD will go undefeated, but we'll see 

I've watched his show several times, and unless they add a lot more drill complexity I don't see them out scoring SCV or Bluecoats. Maybe not even Crown. There is no questioning their playing chops, but right now this show is maybe half walking and standing, and much of the walking isnt even playing a note.

im not one of these guys who gets a stopwatch out and times how many minutes a corps parks and blows. But marching demand right now, especially in the second half of the show, is not there. Comparing this show to the other top shows it's not even close right now.

Right now. 

• Like 1

Disagree.

Their visual program isn't going to keep them from getting a ring or remaining on the medal stand.

It may bother some people too much to where they can't just sit back and enjoy the show though.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I've watched his show several times, and unless they add a lot more drill complexity I don't see them out scoring SCV or Bluecoats. Maybe not even Crown. There is no questioning their playing chops, but right now this show is maybe half walking and standing, and much of the walking isnt even playing a note.

im not one of these guys who gets a stopwatch out and times how many minutes a corps parks and blows. But marching demand right now, especially in the second half of the show, is not there. Comparing this show to the other top shows it's not even close right now.

Right now. 

Well, SCV hasn't come within a point of BD yet so clearly the judges don't have an issue with visual parts of the show. Maybe that changes. We'll see. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

The ballad is one of my favorite musical moments in dci history.

The transition to the ballad is one of the sloppiest drills I've ever seen from BD. Literally kids just walking to their next position. Then a few moments later the guard does the same thing, walking casually to the front. Very disappointing. Get that fixed!

Agreed that the transitions feel like they have been mailed in but musically this ballad may be the best thing I've ever heard on the field!

• Like 1

It is so early and there are so many changes to be made.  People complain every year about BD and how much they march and play or don't march and play.  I saw their show at Family Day and let me tell you they are adding new transitions and drill on the regular. I know this because I just saw a performance of their show last night.  So much has changed and they still have a month.   I love the way this particular show is morphing into something unique and beautiful.  They already have some of the most beautiful moments of any corps already on the field.  Lets see how if morphs from now until Finals.

• Like 1