Re-hashes

39 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Not buying Boogalo.  Instead:   Relentless: Urban Cowboy

It's my belief that every sequel should be "Electric Boogaloo" or "Lost in New York."

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

If you watch and listen to Phantom Regiment in 1978 and 79 when they performed music by Grieg, the 1979 version is stronger and more robust.

wait, what?

77 and 78 had the same drum solo and closer but I'm not sure what you're talking about 

7 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I've seen some high schools use the Mass, and obviously what The Cadets have done.

Avon High School used it well, but I've also seen it destroyed. It would be interesting to see a corps do it again. If you study the source material, there are a number of ideas that couldn't be conveyed the way Mr. Bernstein intended before A and E rules passed.

5 hours ago, corpsband said:

I can confidently predict that at least one corps in the top 6 is doing a rehash!!

We might be in for a surprise. 

1 hour ago, ouooga said:

It's my belief that every sequel should be "Electric Boogaloo" or "Lost in New York."

Well, "Lost in New York" has gained new interest since November.

• Like 2

I slightly prefer SCV's take on Les Miserables in 2013 to Cadets' take on Les Miserables in 1989.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

wait, what?

77 and 78 had the same drum solo and closer but I'm not sure what you're talking about 

Grieg Piano Concerto #1, performed in both 1978 and 1979, 79 added more from Peer Gynt and March of the Dwarves drum solo.

Edited by Tim K

25 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Maybe they'll surprise us?

Im sure they will.  Pio has some increased awareness, more talent is coming to them.  People are starting to see them as a good starter corps.  They have their issues, but they will perform well. Not to mention I have them winning DCI this year.