Corps member getting kicked out

I was in Boulder during the issues and heard lots of "stories."  Didn't the Bridgeton also get in trouble for practicing at night?  I remember Boulder had a noise ordinance and corps weren't allowed to practice past 7:00 pm.  I believe they were issued a citation.

7 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I was in Boulder during the issues and heard lots of "stories."  Didn't the Bridgeton also get in trouble for practicing at night?  I remember Boulder had a noise ordinance and corps weren't allowed to practice past 7:00 pm.  I believe they were issued a citation.

We were down in Broomfield and had to be bussed to a practice field and share it with the Freelancers.   What a pain that was.  It was much better the next year because Broomfield had their fields finished.  Evidently, it was a brand new high school.  

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

I always felt there was something fishy about that, like how did he get his drum off the truck?

Everyone knew but yet…

Just going by memory, but the other drummers apparently left everything out in the open for him to easily grab off the truck, and he did so after the corps was done warming up and heading to the tunnel.  They were already in their opening set and with staff leaving the field when he came running onto the field.  Obviously nobody would question him arriving so late given that he was in a uniform.  The bassline had spent the past day or so relearning some parts, too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Sadly i think something happened finals day with 2000 BD. Think a bass player was caught with drugs and sent home. But later that evening after BD had left to take the field for their finals run, he grabbed his uniform and drum, ran onto the field before anyone could stop him. He was immediately arrested afterward and didn't take part in retreat. Please don't quote me on all that as i may have missed something or said something false. Maybe someone who was there has more accurate info. 

Yeah, there is footage on Youtube of BD's battery warming up before Finals, with one bass missing. But all five are clearly there in the Finals performance.

• Like 1

Not sure what documentation DCI requires for proof of age these days, but back in the 80s, each corps was required to independently acquire certified birth certificates from the state where each member was born. No, the member couldn't turn in their own copy of their birth certificates; each corps was required to order them themselves from the state department of vital records. And each corps was required to have those certified birth certificates physically with them on the road, and DCI could request to see the at any time. I don't recall DCI ever asking to see ours, but they kept on one of the buses just in case.

• Like 1

Did not see this discussion going all these historical places. Really interesting!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Yes... in '75... from outside the stadium, those inside the stadium, heard the disqualified Muchachos  soprano soloist Jeff Kievet play a solo, but not the solo he would have played in the show. It was just a few notes he played of the Cabs " Entrance of the Bulls " signature piece from outside the stadium.. ( or in an entrance corridor inside the stadium but out of sight of anyone in the stands ). Lots and lots of applause he got with that inside the stadium when it was heard... well, at least from the East Coast fans in attendance anyway... haha!... 

Here is link to DCP historical forum post quoting Dennis Delucia ('chacho's drum instructor) who was there at the time.  Includes a murder of Garfield's DM by individual who became Hawthorne's director (I am not making this up).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Here is link to DCP historical forum post quoting Dennis Delucia ('chacho's drum instructor) who was there at the time.  Includes a murder of Garfield's DM by individual who became Hawthorne's director (I am not making this up).

Thanks for the pointer. Very interesting read.