Muncie Madness - June 30, 2017

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Another takeaway on Bluecoats is that underneath the props and electronics there is some extremely solid drum corps going on.

That's the word I have the issue with. Can someone just unplug the keyboards at competitions? K thanks :)

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Another takeaway on Bluecoats is that underneath the props and electronics there is some extremely solid drum corps going on.

Yes, you are correct.  Underneath the props there is some extremely solid drum corps going on.  Thank goodness they also come out from underneath them for most of the show. :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, drummergirl said:

This conversation makes me wonder about a post on DCP months ago now.

It was about how one corps had to completely change their show due to not getting the music rights.

I wonder which corps it is??

I would have to imagine Crown, right?  They were going to use Everything in its Right Place as an intro, but it looks like they've dropped that.

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

I would have to imagine Crown, right?  They were going to use Everything in its Right Place as an intro, but it looks like they've dropped that.

And yet ... Grow 'Till Tall was Bluecoats third try at a ballad this year because of licensing. Kind of like last year. What kind of omen is that?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCImonkey said:

I definitely like the 2nd half of the show better.   That Andy Akiho piece makes the whole thing for me worth it.  I think its forward thinking and on a whole new level for Crown.  Which is the point of the show really.   We start with the "safe drum corps"  and go effing bananas :)     

What the heck is safe drum corps... 

Which brings me to another point...remember that BD soprano soloist who has been the butt of ridicule for like..28 years.  People even made YouTubes with cats squealing behind him.  But that was ok.  But to even put a little shade on this vocal and you're the devil.  

I'm not buying it. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 7