Lovely Lisle - July 1 2017

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Fond track memories of Benedictine from 2012.  Stayed in the dorms on campus, left a BAC reminder for the Cavies, and loved standing up on the hill to the left of the main stands cheering on our teammates.  Good luck to all the corps.

Catholic corners.  I've lived in this area practically my entire life.  That's some valuable real estate over there.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Catholic corners.  I've lived in this area practically my entire life.  That's some valuable real estate over there.  

Took a few minutes to locate the church/chapel for Mass on Saturday.  That area around the university looked very nice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAZZER said:

Hitting the road to Lisle now. Gonna be a great day!

Please give us some feedback tonight if you are able to (for those of us who are literally 1000 miles away).  Thanks!

• Like 2

The Cavaliers' home show is always fun although in my day we held it at one of the four "Maine" High Schools in Park Ridge or one of the high school stadiums in Naperville.  We usually practiced at Triton College but the stands were far too small to hold the fans and there was no press box.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Cavaliers' home show is always fun although in my day we held it at one of the four "Maine" High Schools in Park Ridge or one of the high school stadiums in Naperville.  We usually practiced at Triton College but the stands were far too small to hold the fans and there was no press box.  

Maine East on Dempster in Park Ridge back when I marched.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craiga said:

Please give us some feedback tonight if you are able to (for those of us who are literally 1000 miles away).  Thanks!

Looks like there will be a few people there to give us (play by play).  All have a good 4th.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Maine East on Dempster in Park Ridge back when I marched.  

I just looked at your biography; Guardsmen, huh?  They were terrific from '78 to '80.  

• Like 1