Lovely Lisle - July 1 2017

So I got a special private live stream of the BLOO show tonight, and here are my thoughts:

• Ballad was MUCH improved. It seems that they are not fading the end now. It may have just been my vantage point though. It sounded amazing. Jeremy NAILED it again.
  • Zombie Woof is OFF THE HOOK. So tight for July 1. The soloists are much improved, just over the last few days. They are really locking in.
  • Wow what a stage build/tear-down. This, in itself, should win some sort of prop award, just in the logistics of everything
  • Just realized, the Drum Major actually doesn't start the show. The pit starts the audio clip and things go from there. Pretty neat. They've added in the intro to Bluecoats clip to the audio now.
  • The drum line was SMOKIN. Sanford? Maybe.
  • Overall, best run I've seen BLOO do this year. Not sure what it was, but they had a great night. Lots of little choreo added to guard and horn line movement from last week. Incredible amount of stuff happening in this show.
  • Aaron Beck and his sound team are dialing this show in. Tonight was the best I've heard it.
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, superOOk said:

So I got a special private live stream of the BLOO show tonight, and here are my thoughts:

• Ballad was MUCH improved. It seems that they are not fading the end now. It may have just been my vantage point though. It sounded amazing. Jeremy NAILED it again.
  • Zombie Woof is OFF THE HOOK. So tight for July 1. The soloists are much improved, just over the last few days. They are really locking in.
  • Wow what a stage build/tear-down. This, in itself, should win some sort of prop award, just in the logistics of everything
  • Just realized, the Drum Major actually doesn't start the show. The pit starts the audio clip and things go from there. Pretty neat. They've added in the intro to Bluecoats clip to the audio now.
  • The drum line was SMOKIN. Sanford? Maybe.
  • Overall, best run I've seen BLOO do this year. Not sure what it was, but they had a great night. Lots of little choreo added to guard and horn line movement from last week. Incredible amount of stuff happening in this show.
  • Aaron Beck and his sound team are dialing this show in. Tonight was the best I've heard it.

Thanks for the update! I am having withdrawal symptoms.

• Like 1

Thank you so much to all of you on here providing commentary and "suggestions" for our viewing, listening, and reading pleasure. You are all the best!!

That said, I really love the Cavaliers' show. That guard... I mean... ****!

• Like 1

How is The Cavaliers' brass doing tonight?  They sounded like a concert band in Hamilton and opened up more in Evansville.  That sound needs WAY more punch and energy to compete with the best.  It's super tight and played well but there's not enough volume.

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps

2 minutes ago, vhsmbdm said:

Thank you so much to all of you on here providing commentary and "suggestions" for our viewing, listening, and reading pleasure. You are all the best!!

That said, I really love the Cavaliers' show. That guard... I mean... ****!

SPLOOIE!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Tell him thanks for scoping in landscape, too.

I didn't get an approval in time.

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well just checked out peri of Bloo (thanks Jim!) and they are just too good. I'm not sure if anyone is beating them in 2017. Wow!

I agree George, at this moment Bloo owns DCI. The rise of this corps over the last 10 years is amazing.

• Like 5