Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl - July 1, 2017

Just now, geluf said:

Certainly, but I mean in the context of what I keep hearing this year: "BD's show is going to continue to "morph" the rest of the year!"

People make it sound as though its going to be more than the usual changing and tweaking that happens to programs (including BD's) and is going to be a more full-blown sweeping change from top to bottom over the year.

My point is only that is that's the case, it's a pretty high risk/reward proposition, since a total overhaul needs practice time, and they don't have the point cushions they've had before.  I referenced 2014 because that's the most recent example of BD having an insurmountable lead so laughably huge, you could drive a truck through it, and thus they had a lot of house money to play with and could have conceivably changed anything they wanted without too much worry about loss of performance points.

I hear you! But all I can say is: it's never stopped them before? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

I do see the reward either. You're rewarded by what's on the field, not how much you've changed the show through out the season.

Well...Crown 2015.....

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I hear you! But all I can say is: it's never stopped them before? 

My point is that this is not a situation they've been in before if the entire show is literally going to change.

If it isn't, and this is going to be closer to a standard "tweak and change some things" thing, then sure, all of this is moot.

BK brass and percussion scores are ridiculous. 0.3 points from BD in brass? I never thought I'd ever see that. But I completely agree. They have a massive sound this year. 

Their visual, however, is killing them. They've scored poorly in visual for years now. If their visual program was up to the level of their music, they would be in danger of pushing into the top 3. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Yeah, I had SCV in first tonight too. Their show is just amazing. There's not a moment where you're not totally enthralled.

I think it's between SCV and Blooo. Those two shows just are planned very well.  Gotta get the performance levels up, which we're at the beginning of the year, so no problem yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shofmon88 said:

BK brass and percussion scores are ridiculous. 0.3 points from BD in brass? I never thought I'd ever see that. But I completely agree. They have a massive sound this year. 

Their visual, however, is killing them. They've scored poorly in visual for years now. If their visual program was up to the level of their music, they would be in danger of pushing into the top 3. 

Their guard is killing them. They need to scrap those giant gold discs and do some work instead. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

It's coming. At BD's rehearsal last night, i overheard that major additions are coming to the visual. It's only July 1st. 

c370eedf5e84842078e1c11b147dd891.jpeg

• Like 2