Regiment staff/volunteer bus in accident

4 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

This may be a different incident to the Phantom Regiment accident. Details are conflicting. 

It is the same one. Details always change a little when a story is first reported. 

4 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

This may be a different incident to the Phantom Regiment accident. Details are conflicting. 

Unfortunately, I don't think it is. Blythe and Quartzsite are only about 20 miles apart. It's also the only accident being reported on that stretch of I-10.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the bus driver, and the entire Phantom family. Terrible news :(

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

Unfortunately, I don't think it is. Blythe and Quartzsite are only about 20 miles apart. It's also the only accident being reported on that stretch of I-10.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the bus driver, and the entire Phantom family. Terrible news :(

Yes, the nearest hospital would be in Blythe.

prayer-smiley.png

Sounds like it swerved into the median, rolled over, and stopped on the other side of the freeway. :57_cry:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-traffic/2017/07/03/deadly-bush-crash-near-quartzsite-slows-early-morning-traffic/447588001/

Awful to learn of this.. just awful. Prayers and condolences to the Bus Driver's Family, and to all those afiliated  with the Phantom Regiment Corps Organization. We are all one Family in DCI at moments like this, and this saddens us greatly to hear of this tragedy. We hope and pray for more encouraging updates on this.

• Like 8

Shocking and very sad news. Condolences and prayers to all involved and affected by this.

(((PR))) (((Cappy)))

1 hour ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Oh dear god. That's the bus with the food truck crew, isn't it? They are some of the best people you can ever imagine. 

Condolences to the family of the driver. Hope the rest recover and stay safe!

That was my first thought as well. Given that they are some of the older members of the Regiment caravan, they are at higher risk with an event like this. Phamily is on my mind and in my heart today. 

• Like 1