Regiment staff/volunteer bus in accident

1 hour ago, Northern Thunder said:

The drum corps family has been extremely fortunate over the past few decades, with all the traveling that these corps have to undergo.

Unfortunately the good fortune has ended with this news.

Agree 100%.  Considering that BITD many Corps were traveling on their own, 30-yr-old third-hand busses (of questionable mechanical integrity) often driven by parents/volunteers it is amazing it only happened as rarely as it did.  Many of us old guys grumble about how much better we liked it BITD, but this is one area where today is far better than then.

Prayers to all involved

• Like 1

My thoughts are with the driver's family, as well as the entire Phantom Regiment organization. May those injured recover quickly, and may all the members, staff and volunteers find comfort in each other and the entire drum corps community.

6 minutes ago, Cainan said:

First off.. condolences to the drivers family and thoughts and prayers to those involved and injured. Let's also not forget the Phantom Regiment members and staff as well. If what I have read is true that these were the food truck volunteers, then these are especially special people to a drum corps. They are the absolute lifeblood that keeps the corps going. They are also usually the ones that kids go to when they are down as they are often viewed a surrogate moms and dads on the road and they often view themselves in the same light. I am absolutely gutted to read about this and hope for nothing but the best for the entire Phantom Regiment organisation.

Our drum corps family is huge ---- is there any way we could pull together volunteers or funds to help feed the corps and take the stress off the staff, volunteers, & members?  Not sure what it would look like exactly, but thinking they might be in need.  Our drum corps family, while being spread across the world, is extremely close. I know that no other corps would want to be in this position.  Bless all impacted by this tragic event.

• Like 8

This is very sad.  There really are no words in some moments.

Best wishes.

I've got two MMs out there in Rhode Island right now and my wife spent the last 2 seasons touring as a food truck volunteer, so this hits close to home.  Prayers lifted up for the Phantom Phamily and all who are going down the road this year.  I hope the other corps surround Phantom and support them as they adjust to this.

Edited by WaxDCIFan
Typos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Whatever the known injuries, a rollover in a bus leaves residual trauma damage and sometimes injuries not known until years later..

Thus, special prayers for all involved, my Regiment phriends and their waiting families and phamily.

What you say is very true. I was part of a service trip sixteen years ago. There were ten high school students involved and we were traveling in a fifteen passenger van and we had a rollover accident. Fortunately there were no serious injuries which is a miracle in and of itself. I was not the driver but I know I am a more tentative driver today and some of the kids have told me they still relive the accident when the pass a similar scene.

Certainly all involved need our prayers, but the staff and volunteers not on the bus will need some extra strength. Not only will they have extra duties which no doubt they'll do without complaint, they will also have to support the marching members. While most marching members are motivated and mature, they are still high school and college kids and they'll take it hard. I'm sure everyone will step up to the plate, but they'll need sopport and prayers.

• Like 4