Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

Ok, Phantom has grown this show so much since the beginning of the season. I was worried about their finals appearance the first time I saw this show online, but now it is starting to gel.  Thank goodness! 

Good job Phantom!

Let's see... girls in long dresses spinning in place?  Yep, Wes Cartwright.

• Like 4

Just now, FLBuzcut said:

'The dress is the flag' is pretty much his signature. 

• Like 5

For me, Phantom's performance tonight was an exciting thing of great beauty and power.  SO much better than the last time I saw them.  Flugelhorn solo - beautiful.  Phantomettes - beautiful.  All that wonderful rich brass - beautiful.  Now I have much hope for PR that this is going to be a much better year for them than 2016.  Love you Phantom Regiment!

Edited by RetiredMusTeach
spelling
  • Like 2

My opinions on Phantom did not change.

Strengths. Overall visual.  High demand for marching and playing.  Spectacular CG.  Great use of Flugel (faints)

Weaknesses. GE. High Brass/Sops(?)...   Every time I see this show, some sop ruins some great moment for me.  IDK if it's the arrangement, or the players themselves, but I feel like they are ALWAYS sticking out of the texture.  

I would honestly put BK and XMen over Phantom...  I also just really love BK this year... so...

Edited by goodmello
  • Like 2

There was a point in Phantom's show, after the ballot, but before the end, that they made me sit up in my chair.  Loved that.

• Like 2

Just now, FLBuzcut said:

In Act 3 the guard was rifle-flag-rifle-flag and running/spinning in a huge "S", I thought it looked like classic Union H.S., I didn't know Wes was working with PR.  Cool.

• Like 2