San Antonio/Seeding Prelims Question

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Now I'm really confused.  :laughing:

Ok, so say these are the rankings for the top 12 after the scores from Alexandria/DeKalb/Denver this weekend (just gonna use the current latest score):

1. Blue Devils
  2. Santa Clara Vanguard
  3. Bluecoats
  4. Carolina Crown
  5. The Cavaliers
  6. Boston Crusaders
  7. The Cadets
  8. Blue Knights
  9. Phantom Regiment
  10. Blue Stars
  11. Crossmen
  12. Madison Scouts

For the performance order in San Antonio, they divide the groupings into 3, so that would look like:

• Blue Devils
  • Santa Clara Vanguard
  • Bluecoats

---------------------------------------

• Carolina Crown
  • The Cavaliers
  • Boston Crusaders

• The Cadets
  • Blue Knights
  • Phantom Regiment

• Blue Stars
  • Crossmen
  • Madison Scouts

Then within those groupings, the final step is randomizing the order of each group of three.  So, I'll do just that.  I literally put these in a randomizer on the internet.  So this is one of MANY theoretical performance orders (I'm going to go reverse, so the first corps performs earlier and the last corps is the last in the show:

1. Crossmen
  2. Madison Scouts
  3. Blue Stars
  4. The Cadets
  5. Phantom Regiment
  6. Blue Knights
  7. Carolina Crown
  8. The Cavaliers
  9. Boston Crusaders
  10. Blue Devils
  11. Bluecoats
  12. Santa Clara Vanguard

And that's done for all 23 World Class corps.  For Atlanta weekend the scores from San Antonio will be used to create the same kind of groupings and randomize again for Atlanta weekend, and then the same with Atlanta scores for Allentown weekend.

This however is NOT done for Championships.  For championships your scores from San Antonio/Atlanta Weekend, and Allentown are added up and divided by 3 to give an average.  Your average score determines your prelims performance slot and whether or not you're in the top 15 for the cinecast.  There is no randomizing, so if Madison Scouts average has them 10th or Carolina Crowns has them 2nd, then they perform in those slots.  

Does that help some?  lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Ok, so say these are the rankings for the top 12 after the scores from Alexandria/DeKalb/Denver this weekend (just gonna use the current latest score):

1. Blue Devils
  2. Santa Clara Vanguard
  3. Bluecoats
  4. Carolina Crown
  5. The Cavaliers
  6. Boston Crusaders
  7. The Cadets
  8. Blue Knights
  9. Phantom Regiment
  10. Blue Stars
  11. Crossmen
  12. Madison Scouts

For the performance order in San Antonio, they divide the groupings into 3, so that would look like:

• Blue Devils
  • Santa Clara Vanguard
  • Bluecoats

• Carolina Crown
  • The Cavaliers
  • Boston Crusaders

• The Cadets
  • Blue Knights
  • Phantom Regiment

• Blue Stars
  • Crossmen
  • Madison Scouts

Then within those groupings, the final step is randomizing the order of each group of three.  So, I'll do just that.  I literally put these in a randomizer on the internet.  So this is one of MANY theoretical performance orders (I'm going to go reverse, so the first corps performs earlier and the last corps is the last in the show:

1. Crossmen
  2. Madison Scouts
  3. Blue Stars
  4. The Cadets
  5. Phantom Regiment
  6. Blue Knights
  7. Carolina Crown
  8. The Cavaliers
  9. Boston Crusaders
  10. Blue Devils
  11. Bluecoats
  12. Santa Clara Vanguard

And that's done for all 23 World Class corps.  For Atlanta weekend the scores from San Antonio will be used to create the same kind of groupings and randomize again for Atlanta weekend, and then the same with Atlanta scores for Allentown weekend.

This however is NOT done for Championships.  For championships your scores from San Antonio/Atlanta Weekend, and Allentown are added up and divided by 3 to give an average.  Your average score determines your prelims performance slot and whether or not you're in the top 15 for the cinecast.  There is no randomizing, so if Madison Scouts average has them 10th or Carolina Crowns has them 2nd, then they perform in those slots.  

Does that help some?  lol

It helps but I was told there would be no math.  :laughing:

• Like 5

Give me a holler when the order is finally determined. I don't think I want to know how they determine these things. It gives me a tummy ache and a migraine. Its sort of like... I love a sausage cooked nicely to put on my plate. But please... don't tell me how they actually make the sausage, as I fear a similar tummy ache and migraine could be part of the knowing.

54 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Seeding order isnt' nearly as important as it used to be for scoring.   As a fan, though, I would prefer the natural progression of excellence.  I prefer to save the best for last.

Problem is that we're not supposed to know who is best until they perform, right?  Otherwise, what's the point of having a contest...

While we're waiting for the San Antonio order to come out, here's what the tiers will look like for Saturday (everyone listed in reverse order of score). 

Pioneer

Jersey Surf

-------------------

Genesis

Seattle Cascades

Oregon Crusaders

-------------------

Pacific Crest

Spirit of Atlanta

Troopers

-------------------

Colts