3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Ouch lol.

2+2= Blue Devils gold? Lol

• Like 2

I always thought I would never like a BD show more than 86 (my first finals trip) but this year is even more enjoyable for me.  This BD show has it all and I love love love the music.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Blue Devils design team knows not only how t design to the sheets, they know how to communicate what their intent is to the judges.

So...what...are you saying the other corps need better staff to communicate their intent to the judges?

22 minutes ago, geluf said:

This is not even close to correct.

Rothe, who was on Percussion 2 that night, put BD in 1st with a 19.8

Jeff Prosperie, who was on Percussion 1, put them in 2nd with a 19.6

A difference of .2 between the two judges.

Now, BD won by a margin of .575

Percussion 1 and 2 are averaged before being added to the score, so BD came away with a net 19.7 in percussion.

That number is then HALVED (because all captions but GE are halved).

Both Prosperie and Rothe agreed that Crown was 5th in percussion, and SCV was 4th.

The margin between Rothe's 1st place and 3rd place scores was .4, but had an effective value of .1 (halved into the percussion score, then halved again into the music score).

In order for Rothe to have thrown BD a .575 advantage, he would have had to have given them a score of 22.  Which is, of course, impossible.

BD didn't even win Music by much (.15).  They had a larger margin in Visual (.4).

2 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

So...what...are you saying the other corps need better staff to communicate their intent to the judges?

If the intent is to score as high as possible, yes, and design shows with more thought put into how judges judge difficulty. Scott and his team are very intentional and deliberate in both.

Edited by MikeRapp

29 minutes ago, cube said:

It just seems like BD parks and plays almost the entire show.

Well,  I was there.  They move a lot in this show, they may park and blow some more difficult passages but it is staged well.  Both Bloo and BD have well designed shoes.  BD is performing their show better. Feel it is more of a toss up GE wise. 

1 minute ago, Usually Mistified said:

I knew this was coming. From what all the visual DCP experts have said over the years, it's not about the fall, its the recovery. Just like a CG member dropping a rifle, it's about the recovery. 

• Like 5

Congrats to all performing tonight!! Your shows were awesome with such talented and dedicated performers giving us thrills left and right.

Saw lots of holes in the productions...hopefully the performers are on the mend and will be up for the "big show" in San Antonio! 

BK you were fantastic and your encore is the best in DCI!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Well,  I was there.  They move a lot in this show, they may park and blow some more difficult passages but it is staged well.  Both Bloo and BD have well designed shoes.  BD is performing their show better. Feel it is more of a toss up GE wise. 

It's all in the shoes :wink: