The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Before they go on - we get it they look like gurneys

They aren't?? Then why the severed mellophone player heads on them later..?

I love the sound of Blue Stars brass!

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

A live stream of whatever is on CBS...the vast majority of which isn't being shot as you're watching it, correct? That's what I was getting at.

From a technical perspective it's the same thing. Live streaming a video file. Whether the video file was captured seconds before or months before doesn't really matter, the workload on the service to encode and steam it is still the same.

Point is, Flo objectively sucks. lol

• Like 1

Mellophone city.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, TRacer said:

To any Crissmen alums, is there a spot in this show where the snare line does their trademark lick (starts with an H)? 

This is my son's favorite corps ("...those are dudes are so cool, Dad!"); he wasn't sure he was good enough to audition this year. Maybe 2018! 

It starts with a 'T'. Thurston

• Like 1

Other than the soloists, I thought it was the best run I've seen from the Crossmen.  The changes to the ending have increased the energy level of the ending.  The streamers, whether cliche or not, do bring some much needed color to the ending.  I had heard criticism that the old ending was colorless and hurting GE.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

From a technical perspective it's the same thing. Live streaming a video file. Whether the video file was captured seconds before or months before doesn't really matter, the workload on the service to encode and steam it is still the same.

Point is, Flo objectively sucks. lol

Are you going to ##### all day, or actually watch some corps on your glorious 106" screen? Give it a rest. 

• Like 9