The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Academy needs bobby hoffman

Madison needs something 

To any Crissmen alums, is there a spot in this show where the snare line does their trademark lick (starts with an H)? 

This is my son's favorite corps ("...those are dudes are so cool, Dad!"); he wasn't sure he was good enough to audition this year. Maybe 2018! 

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

I normally agree with your posts, but I'm going to have to disagree this one time.  The old "happy" Madison is the primary reason why I have never really enjoyed their programming.  It comes across as very cheesy to me.

This show, however, I am totally into.  It's dark, intense, no over-acting and faces contorting in every which way to flash a smile... it's entertainment at its finest!

Now I'm torn, because I absolutely love Mandarins' show and want to see them in finals, but this identity-shedding version of the Scouts is really starting to draw me in... this is going to be quite a fight!

We'll see. I, for one, want to love the show, but simply can't get into it with the exception of the closer. I think the original music is losing me in the middle.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

And the overall visual construction is top notch.  

A good looking show overall.  Visually pleasing throughout.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KCWolfPck said:

Of course the image quality is bad.  It's a picture of a compressed 720p internet stream, blown up on a 120" screen....of people moving and taken with an iPad.  However, It is perfectly clear enough to enable me to watch a drum corps show that I couldn't attend.  No complaints here for tonight's broadcast.  Check my history though....I have been openly critical of Flo's past streams.

Exactly. Also watching on a 120

i have mine going through a video processor upgrading to 1080p which frankly just fuzzes out the image a tad

but I'm overall quite pleased with the sound and image 

Just now, shofmon88 said:

Sorry, I left BK '14 on repeat...

Hey that's one of one my favorite shows so that's fine. Keep it playing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

You're going to get different answers from different people.  You have some people who expect the world and then some, and you have others who are realistic.

I am realistic.  It's better than I expect, but not the highest level of professional streaming you will find out there.  It'll do just fine for me given our little niche activity is actually getting a reliable streaming service for once (at least from a video consistency perspective).

For the price we're paying it should be better. I watch weekly livestreams in YouTube that get maybe a few hundred viewers and they somehow manage a respectable bitrate. For free.