The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

2 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

There is no question that Flo is an amateur company that provides an amateur product to a small audience at a high cost.  But the OP claimed that it was impossible to identity five streaming services that did a better job than Flo, which is of course an absurd claim.

BTW, each of the services I identified specialize in live streaming.

All Access specializes in live-streaming? I thought they were primarily streaming CBS shows (i.e. ones that aren't being shot as you see them).

When I say live-streaming, I mean "as-it-happens." Sports, SNL, news, etc.

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

I remember in 2014 when Blue Stars had a French horn and everyone called it the death of drum corps and here we are with more people wanting French horn solos. 

...which they replaced with a mellophone during the last week of the season.

Also, I was lukewarm to the idea of French horn features in DCI when the new rules were introduced, but Cadets 2015 had a feature that really made me love the idea of seeing more shows that utilize French horns.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRacer said:

To any Crissmen alums, is there a spot in this show where the snare line does their trademark lick (starts with an H)? 

This is my son's favorite corps ("...those are dudes are so cool, Dad!"); he wasn't sure he was good enough to audition this year. Maybe 2018! 

Right at the end

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

...which they replaced with a mellophone during the last week of the season.

Also, I was lukewarm to the idea of French horn features in DCI when the new rules were introduced, but Cadets 2015 had a feature that really made me love the idea of seeing more shows that utilize French horns.

Changed for a reason though. He didn't gave the time to watm it up to be in tune in the dome changes. 

How big of an impact to GE scores do giant streamers pulled out st the end of a show provide? It must be above zero since it is so common. Serious question. 

21 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

How they didn't pick this particular cue from the film, considering the name of it, is beyond me.

And this ballad 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Right at the end

Yep, I just caught it; I had the volume cranked way up and it came through.