The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

47 minutes ago, Mead09 said:

Guard scores were very very odd last night anyway???? 

Blue Knights not having a DCI Top 12 Guard ( according to Guard Judge Michael Lentz ) sure was a head scratcher last nite too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If you're bored and want to be even more bored, look back at my posts from 2012. I went so far as to transcribe the French, German, and English voiceovers from BD's show. (Which you couldn't hear from my seats at Finals--Lucas Oil's acoustics are terrible if you're not in the right location.) But when we talk about what's "accessible", we're not talking about me. My three favorite movies are black and white, and not in English.

To me, "accessible" means if you have even a fleeting background knowledge of the concept, most of the show should click for you. One Wiki paragraph gives you all you need to know about Dada to enjoy that show. To me, that is something that should be universally "accessible" if people took 15 seconds to look it up.

And now, since I need to know, are those movies Fellini, Truffaut, Kurosawa, or other? :laugh:

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

To insinuate that they don't deserve their championships is an insult to the members. Period.

Are you surprised by this?  I have never seen more insults to groups in my life. Some of the things said in this thread are downright cruel. Every kid who is out there pushing themself deserves far more than what some of these heartless people write. Heartbreaking that there are kids that read these forums....

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Cavies won.... not sure what the problem is hahahaha

Just got back in the country and am trying to waste some time before my flight to Nashville. Checked the recaps and noticed that the guard scores were wonky. Wtf is PR getting 2nd in achievement tying with BD?!? Their book isn't even close in content to be receiving that kinda score. I'm not saying they're bad by any means but really??? And wtf is up with BAC's guard score? Sour grapes?

• Like 1

So just a comparison to last year: SCV was 4th by over a point last year and never broke top 3. Top score was an 87.063. This year's 5th is at an 87. At this rate, another 99 might be happening in finals!