The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

It's 2 AM. I gotta get some sleep, but in the near future I'm gonna detail my thoughts on the scores and shows. SPOILER: Ignoring the guard wackiness, I agree with a large majority of the scores and spreads, and I'll try to explain why.

Cadets were outstanding! Massive improvement in all facets- they will not settle for anything lower than last year. I think though Boston is excellent, they don't have as much to clean as Cadets which bodes well for the Allentown corps success in the final weeks. Both are outstanding!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I admit that 2013 probably wasn't as accessible as I thought it was...

But honestly, you could read the first paragraph of the Wikipedia article on Dadaism and the entire 2012 concept snaps into place. That show was very much accessible, which is how BD was able to stay a step or three ahead of Crown that entire season (drums played a big part too, but...).

I don't know about anyone else, but I was just reading that wiki entry this morning...

Congrats to all!!

Guard scores? BK 13th?? the ####?

23 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I'll give you 2010, but 2012 was SUPER accessible if had even a modicum of an idea of what Dada was about, and 2013 was pretty straightforward in its "Rite of Spring" storytelling, even if the mannerisms displayed on the field were odd.

Audiences did not agree with you. And "accessible" is definitely in the eyes of the beholders.

39 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

NVM, looked at recap, didnt realize the spread in GE were so thin.  I was mentioning that I felt something was amiss with Bloo first in GE, nevermind though, that isnt the case.

Well, Bloo or SCV should be first in GE.

50 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

As you saw in my last post, context matters. Saying something positive in private to someone is very different from saying something negative about placements in private or in an open forum 

That is my position, it won't change. You will never find me saying a corps didn't deserve (this is the word I take issue with) a championship or a placement. You will find me confused about why a placement happened. 

A Beautiful Mind did not deserve to win the Best Picture.

Most Oscar winners didn't.

Oh, and don't be so sure that your opinion will never change. Almost everyone finds later in life that they changed their mind about something they were adamant amount years earlier. Not that I expect you to believe me now!

17 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

But honestly, you could read the first paragraph of the Wikipedia article on Dadaism and the entire 2012 concept snaps into place. That show was very much accessible, which is how BD was able to stay a step or three ahead of Crown that entire season (drums played a big part too, but...).

If you're bored and want to be even more bored, look back at my posts from 2012. I went so far as to transcribe the French, German, and English voiceovers from BD's show. (Which you couldn't hear from my seats at Finals--Lucas Oil's acoustics are terrible if you're not in the right location.) But when we talk about what's "accessible", we're not talking about me. My three favorite movies are black and white, and not in English.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ForTheCommonGood said:

. I think though Boston is excellent, they don't have as much to clean as Cadets which bodes well for the Allentown corps success in the final weeks.

Perhaps.. both are excellent Corps this season as you said. However, Boston's trend lines show no let up at the moment anyway.

7/7 Cadets top Boston by 2.250 pts

7/8 Cadets top Boston by 1.45 pts

7/10 Cadets top Boston by .800 tenths

7/12 Boston now tops Cadets by .250 tenths

7/ 22 Boston tops Cadets by .6 tenths.

Maybe Cadets can catch Boston. It'll be interesting to see. I think Boston will continue to layer the show, clean.. and get their Guard out of 7th/ 8th by Championships and won't be caught by the Cadets. Boston in fact will distance themselves even further from the Cadets, and will close in on the Cavaliers before all is said and done, imo. We'll see though. Nobody really knows at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2