The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

They're rehearsing today in Pineville, LA and I don't see anything in their Facebook feed or on their website about going to San Antonio. Since the first post in this thread is clearly copied from DCI's website, but the story about San Antonio now does not show Stars appearing, I think it was just a mistake: probably whoever put the list together at DCI started with the template from last year, when Stars were on the docket, and forgot to take them off.

Thanks!  

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

What.  I'm like 8 rows up and missed her.  

Yes definitely live, they got a close up of her on the multi cam. She's mixed in with the pit when she sings and looks like she was performing with the guard the rest of the show.

Edit: I would not be upset if they put her out on the field so everyone can see her. I'll say it again, she's FABULOUS!

Edited by DasTuba
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, lastknight said:

How does one feed the stream to a Roku.....sorry to be a noob....I have a laptop tethered by HDMI currently

FloSports is an app that you can add to Roku once it is set up. FloMarching is a part of FloSports.

What you need is a Roku device tethered to your HDMI.  I used to do what you are doing until I discovered Roku and it is lightyears better.

• Like 2

Stupid electronics. I hear all the soloists coming from the speakers around the 40. Then I have to hunt around to find the actual musician.

That was the only thing about SCV's show that bugged me when I saw it at Broken Arrow. You could hear the small brass ensemble coming from the speaker on the 35 even when there was no one on that side of the field. Very distracting

posted from the DrumScorps app

1 minute ago, Madera Dons said:

FloSports is an app that you can add to Roku once it is set up. FloMarching is a part of FloSports.

What you need is a Roku device tethered to your HDMI.  I used to do what you are doing until I discovered Roku and it is lightyears better.

You can use an AppleTV in the same manner as Roku, fwiw. But it requires the newer version of AppleTV.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

Yes definitely live, they got a close up of her on the multi cam. She's mixed in with the pit when she sings and looks like she was performing with the guard the rest of the show.

Edit: I would not be upset if they put her out on the field se everyone can see her. I'll say it again, she's FABULOUS!

Ditto!  I think we're so accustomed to seeing vocalists perform in ballads (Crown's closer being a bit of a different animal), but it would be awesome to see her performing and getting at least a little bit of a spotlight.  She definitely deserves it.

• Like 3

Cascades.. another enjoyable show from this tier group, imo.   Fans that only show up, or only want to watch the upper tier Corps are missing some good Drum Corps shows.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

For those (like me) who have missed the fact that there's an a live vocalist.. check in the front ensemble.  Maybe start around 9:30.

Would I be reaching if I said she's the best vocalist this season? Because that's a studio album quality voice that young lady has!

• Like 5