The future of the Cadets

Would you allow yourself, your kids, or your friends to march with the Cadets after the recent events that occurred?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Would you allow yourself, your kids, or your friends to march with the Cadets after the recent events that occurred?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The former board was a blank check for Hopkins. That's clear when they "didn't do anything" - which is why as soon as Hopkins was gone they ran after him.

Regaining our full trust is something YEA! MUST earn, that will take time, transparency, decisive actions and full accountability for anything (further) that could be uncovered

Now on your last sentence "do I think some new? yes" - well there ya go. I personally don't assume the worse about people. I don't believe for a second that anyone currently with the organization knew Hopkins was sexually harassing and abusing members and staff. If evidence emerges that proves otherwise - then we'll know that. I do believe folks currently associated with the Cadets/YEA thought he was a "angry" manager and narcissistic personality. Perhaps they share blame for not "speaking up" more about the toxic work environment. I do know folks tried - and they were shown the door (by Hopkins).

It is also worth noting that the only person that has been accused of knowing and doing nothing was immediately suspended pending investigation.

If people are aware of other people who knew and did nothing then by all means bring it to the attention of the board. If people are just speculating that "people knew" and you don't have any evidence, then what do you want the board to do? Fire everyone who ever worked for GH because you think there is a chance they *might* have known?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I'm also looking at this from the perspective of - "would I send my kid there?" No, I wouldn't. Too much risk at this point. They'll recover, but some time needs to pass before I would have a comfort level with them. 

I think we all understand that. I was only commenting on folks *in this thre* laying guilt at others 

• Like 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

I think we all understand that. I was only commenting on folks *in this thre* laying guilt at others 

You have to separate if you're talking about sexual allegations or the Hop style of management, They are quite different. AS far as the Hop style. Personally, I will stand by that most not all but most knew going in what it might be. No secret  what it was like. we are a small activity and nothing much gets by without many knowing.

As far as the sexual allegations. I have stated ( mostly because of those who were there a while ) people have mentioned if they thought they would be asked. I also stated that those who were very willing to light the torches and get out the pitchforks better be careful because the questioning could end up in their own backdoors. I totally stand by that and for me have heard quite enough from some on the subject.

AS you mentioned I too do not blame the members as well as current staff or board and I do think this corps will rise above all the noise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dans said:

I'm trying very hard to not get involved in this thread; however, do you have to make this about you?

That was not my intention, buddy. Back off, and back off now. I don't expect an apology, but I do deserve one for that nasty, offhanded, and pretty obnoxious remark.

My guess is you'd have been one of those people who would have jumped on me like white on rice. Stung yah? Hope so. You deserve it.

Edited by BigW

10 minutes ago, BigW said:

That was not my intention, buddy. Back off, and back off now. I don't expect an apology, but I do deserve one for that nasty, offhanded, and pretty obnoxious remark.

My guess is you'd have been one of those people who would have jumped on me like white on rice. Stung yah? Hope so. You deserve it.

Wow, that's a pretty hostile response.  Quite unnecessary, also.  

Not only that, but if you look at some of dans comments here on DCP, you will know that he hasn't exactly been a staunch GH supporter.  And I'm not talking about just recently, either.

2 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Not only that, but if you look at some of dans comments here on DCP, you will know that he hasn't exactly been a staunch GH supporter.  And I'm not talking about just recently, either.

Didn't appreciate his response at all. It deserved it.

12 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Even back to the ramd daze.... and not exactly subtle with some of his responses regarding the same. But do feel the talk about yourself crack was beneath him.

Dan and I have never met but we were in the same school and band for a few years.  (Most I can say without posting personal info)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I recall some of the Borg recently claiming that Cadets key staff left due to other reasons than it being toxic and to say otherwise was to be a hater

lets see the way back machine:

On 6/6/2017 at 9:14 AM, George Dixon said:

That's a very incorrect assumption on the public's part. And over time Cadets have had excellent staff stability. Other than BD which just pays top dollar once they gain someone who can win a caption consistently. 

On 6/6/2017 at 2:03 PM, George Dixon said:

Wow that's so not what happened in either of those two examples. You're like a doctor trying to diagnose a patient you've never examined or even met

People leave organizations for a variety of reasons. Sometimes yes because of personal dynamics's or ego "didn't get their own way"... but many people also leave for fresh opportunities, more money, personal reasons such as needing a change or wanting to move to a completely different geography, to work with someone else for new experiences etc. 

I realize you are a BD Honk. Have you asked yourself the legitimate question: if we suddenly cut BD revenue stream by 50% (so it more closely matched Cadets) what would BD's staff retention look like the past two decades? 

Becase sometimes it is about money, especially when the kids start arriving. And yes, sometimes it is about an individual relationship that's run its course

Edited by cowtown
trying to format it, making it worse

1 minute ago, cowtown said:

I recall some of the Borg recently claiming that Cadets key staff left due to other reasons than it being toxic and to say otherwise was to be a hater

That doesn’t mean the organization is to blame for Hopkins. Period. 

Now please stop with the same over and over