Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

23 hours ago, year1buick said:

I would’ve flipped out if I found out that someone with that kind of history was working one-on-one with my daughter in a performing group, regardless of how long ago the incident occurred.

Same here. 

Why someone has not shown up to rehearsal / camp and demand that dude goes or just pull your kid out of the corps. Not sure I could live with knowing I sent my daughter somewhere that was supposed to be safe and fun - only to find out that I sent her to be around a perv. 

21 hours ago, Daktubalan said:

How about instead of sitting at your computer and bad mouthing him you go talk to him yourself? 

Something bothering you? :peek:

49 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Maybe that needs to be re-thought through.  The challenges faced in 1971/1972 are different than those of 2018

you'd have to convince people with a direct interest in how things are now to be willing to revise the entire bylaws and lose some of that control. 

you probably have a better chance of seeing Congress approve term limits for themselves

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, E3D said:

Something bothering you? :peek:

Well, Dak was in Crossmen in 2016 and 2017, and apparently he has very fond memories of the Morrisons and of Moody, so it's understandable that he would feel defensive when confronted with claims that they had done wrong.

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

I’d happily rail against the Crossmen, I just need a bit more to go on

But their show last year did have that strange bondage, Vegas show  vibe so maybe I can work with that a bit 

I liked last year's show quite a bit. It was never clean enough, though.

17 hours ago, Daktubalan said:

Well I would’ve told parents that’s the thing. They took a chance. Do you think really no one was on guard for the past 6 years? Lol. Which of course I would’ve had people on guard. Don’t think for once they weren’t watching him lol. If he does it again of course termination and announcement. 

I think or in my opinion your use of "lol" gives some indication ---???? Imagine a parent who sent their child to participate with the crossmen, do you think they might have reconsidered knowing the truth?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think it may be well more than a responsibility- it could be Criminal Negligence.

Just wait until prosecutors or DA's office rolls in - with all of this in the news (DCI, Nasser, Cosby, Weinstein, etc) I would be stunned if they are not looking at potential indictments, at least in some cases (I know there are evidentiary rules, statutes of limitations , et al).  They usually play their cards real close to their chest...

Brace for Ram

PS - I wonder how many fans / alums are willing to contribute to a GoFundMe page for attorney fees 

I thought of this (DCI - Criminal Negligence) when I was reading the Cadets issues with the "teen wolf". Attorney's are good at going after the governing body. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, E3D said:

I think or in my opinion your use of "lol" gives some indication ---???? Imagine a parent who sent their child to participate with the crossmen, do you think they might have reconsidered knowing the truth?

I'd have raised a #### storm had I not known up front

• Like 3

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I'd have raised a #### storm had I not known up front

Yes that is the expected reaction. I just don't get the "lol" in their reply. Former member or not. 

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you'd have to convince people with a direct interest in how things are now to be willing to revise the entire bylaws and lose some of that control. 

you probably have a better chance of seeing Congress approve term limits for themselves

No argument there. However, when faced with what could be a moment that defines whether the activity as a whole will survive, maybe it's time to make that change and give the oversight authority needed to the executive director of dci. 

• Like 3