Pasadena, CA - June 30, 2018

When is the last time SCV had a screamer trumpet/soprano? 1975?

All of the soloist for BD are freaking amazing! And that ballad! Natural woman is coming your way Indy! Get ready!

• Like 2

Assessment from one time zone west and my “pixied feed” (although the audio was good)....looking at it through my objective judging eyes SCV has a far superior product on the field than the Blue Crew. SCV has more room to grow, and is utterly compelling. As an alum, I can’t remember a time— except maybe ‘82– when SCV had not one but three lead (sops) trumpets that could blow like that, because those guys always seemed to end up marching somewhere else (BD, Madison, BC). They also don’t suffer from SCV Crunch Time Sop Solo Frak Syndrome. Aside from Al Chez with Garfield ‘82 and Morgan (forgot his last name) in Madison ‘88 (?) with his ultrasonic high D, isn’t that middle kid in the lead feature in SCV’s ballad hitting the highest note in DCI? 

As for BD...they play well. They march well. But they aren’t compelling. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, StarVoyager said:

Exactly, like Brandt Crocker likes to announce them: "THE BLUE DEVIIIIIIIILS!!!!! :thumbup:

Yeah, I was about to say. Brandt Crocker is the standard. Every other pronunciation is wrong.

9 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

BD has higher GE scores than SCV has and that will continue through august, SCV may beat them, but it will have to be purely on music.

SCV beat them in GE at Stanford. GE is subjective. You have no idea how GE is going to play out until the very end. SCV will be challenging for every single caption award at finals. I imagine BD will, too.