DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

Just now, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Santa Clara will be well clear of the pack tonight. I think 2-5 could be within a point.  

3 to 4 will be 1point+.

I wouldn't bet the farm... But I'd bet the sugar shack.  Trends don't get dumped that easily.

2 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but BD has a more coherent visual program than the other 2 in current medal range. And a little more than I'm accustomed to them having.

If visuals include the props, then as I often do, I find they look pretty cluttered. It's as if they dumped a puzzle all over the field and slowly put the pieces back together. Solving a puzzle is a lot more fun for the people solving it than for observers. Especially since we know what it's going to look like in the end. If the pieces looked like something else during the bulk of the show, that would be better.

• Like 3

Just now, pbeau said:

BD show is really coming together. They are a great drum corps!

BD is the Alabama football of DCI.  They will always be competitive every single year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pizazzman said:

Those vocals are probable the most authentic use of vocals in any show this year as they’re from a specific Indian musical form (the name escapes me). The percussion part are just a transcription and embellishment of a very old rhythmic vocal tradition. 

I keep misreading your name as "Pizza man," though it really doesn't help that I'm hungry.

• Haha 3

When we get Guardians' score, you might note that last night in California, SCVC scored 71 and tonight in New York, Legends scored 69.

1 minute ago, Den8uml said:

They are soooo efficient and clean! Just wish they hard a harder routine. Should really go for it 

You serious? They’ve been consistently scoring top marks in CG content for a reason. They have a hard book

3 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Santa Clara will be well clear of the pack tonight. I think 2-5 could be within a point.  

I agree, well I think that is what should happen.

SCV's year.  Fresh, Innovative, maxed out.

1 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

2 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but BD has a more coherent visual program than the other 2 in current medal range. And a little more than I'm accustomed to them having.

If visuals include the props, then as I often do, I find they look pretty cluttered. It's as if they dumped a puzzle all over the field and slowly put the pieces back together. Solving a puzzle is a lot more fun for the people solving it than for observers. Especially since we know what it's going to look like in the end. If the pieces looked like something else during the bulk of the show, that would be better.

I tend to think the same regarding clutter. I bounced after SCV to get some pain killer for toothache. It appeared that a large number of folks bounced after SCV with me.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Drum majors on the field for retreat tonight? If so, is this the only show where they allow this?