DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

Crown’s hornline sounds incredible as always. 

I just wish they’d quit it with the senseless runs and double tonguing passages every year. There’s nothing musical about it, sounds like a (very well done) warm up!

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Omg BAC I love it.

Major happy flap cakes to you guys.

I always feel that endings that end on a soft note are inferior to ones that go.out with a bang and leave everyone in the crowd on their feet.

The soft endings just...you lose all that momentum and energy and people are much more apt to sit there and clap politely and enthusiastically rather than scream and throw babies. 

You know, the way Cadets 2000 and Regiment 2003 ended. Those were baby throwers. I guess they all can't be like that.

To me, the softer endings create a deeper emotional effect when done right. Look at Vanguard 2000,  big firey “ending” followed by a tag that gives you major goosebumps. I don’t think an ending has to be one way or the other to be “superior,” what matters is how well it’s done. 

• Thanks 1

oh wow, CC has a new trick this year.  play a whole bunch of really fast notes and three short loud notes instead of one.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I suppose it's better than high 90s ever single day. Atleast now the weather has cooled down considerably

It's darn near chilly in central PA!!!

8 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

If it was about what I would like to see, I would love to see Blooo, SCV and BAC. But it’s obviously not about what I like. 

BD and Crown reputations are holding both up, but neither production are or is one of their top five best productions. I find it shockingly predictable where they continue to place considering the parity there is in talent in the top six. 

I don't think they are being held up. I would love to see BD 5th or 6th, but they are at the top for a reason and it's not because their name is holding them up. After SCV, I think BD has the 2nd best designed show of the season. That's why I think SCV and BD should be the top two corps. There's absolutely no question in my mind that SCV and Bloo are the only two corps on BD's level. I also think if BAC finishes 6th tonight that will be appropriate.

1 minute ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

wow flo completely fell off a cliff for me right there. buffered all the way to the ballad

As much as I really wanted to watch the show, after hearing all these issues, I'm glad I didn't waste my money buying into that.