DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Every component of that Mardarins show is now finals worthy.  I was concerned about the snare line earlier in the season.   They have done the work and cleaned it.   They're  ready.

• Like 5

WOW Mandarins...so much to :inlove: in that show...as creepy as it is...haha

Awesome guard...great brass..a show with an interesting theme...

BRAVO!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Hey percussion judge, where were you during that entire Mandarins battery feature?  I saw him nowhere on the field, in a setting where they were practically stationary and easy to read...

He was with the battery during the first half of the feature (during the vocals) then moved in front of the pit for the second half.

1 minutes ago, quietcity said:

Mandies have a fun happy drum corps ending, but it does not seem quite fitting with the rest of their show. Maybe they could all fall down after playing the last chord?

Actually, I think it fits the progression just fine.

1) sacrificial virgin dies in the Rite of Spring

2) she is pulled to the underworld which...is nothing like she expected.

3) after a bewildering moment, she embraces the weirdness of it and shows her true colors joining in the weirdness.

4) a triumphant push of “keep the afterlife weird” ends the show.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 6

I don't always like dark and creepy shows. Mandarins does it for me. I liked it much better in person - the camera just doesn't capture it well.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

I never notice guards. Mandarins guard caught my attention and held it. They’re absolutely fantastic. I’ve never seen anything like this show before.

What a unique show.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Fresh & unique is the best way to say it. They've really managed to put something on the field that's pretty different than the vast majority of what has been done in years passed. And that fresh spin on the activity from a non-top 6 corps, nonetheless. Gotta love that.

• Like 3

Is it me? Or is this crowd as enthusiastic as the folks hanging out at Hartsfield Gate D94?

Theory: the regionals/finals crowds are the cognoscenti. Lots of former members. Long-time followers. Only an appetite for the top 4. Not easily impressed.

The small-town tour-stop crowds are full of locals, and band kids. Tons of enthusiasm for the smallest thing.

Maybe it's Flo.

• Like 2