DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Ft Benning Army Band playing "Georgia". Yes -- they have screamers.

oqgk7Nw.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

Yep. I like BD this year for giving us something different.

yeah. I mean, I understand starting off soft and building to a punch. But the whole fertility-god-worship-circle-woooooh-aaaaaahhhh  thing has become a cliche. I long for a corps that will smack me in the face on Beat One.

• Like 1

I am curious as to how the acoustics are in this new stadium compared to San Antonio and Indianapolis.  There was a few concerts prior (Garth Brooks...) where lots of folks complained but it was mainly due to the speakers and/or their seating and how the sound was distributed throughout the stadium.

8 minutes ago, CAC303 said:

No dispreect to Crossmen (whom I love), but Crown has one of the best brass sections in the world. If you are singing over that brass line (during a ballad no less) your name better be Celine Dion. Just my 2 cents.

Right, but is it the member's fault for being put in that position? Is it fair to offer up so much hostility geared towards the member of one corps over another because the corps itself happens to be better?  For clarity, I also didn't agree with the design decisions then, and I'm not saying there should be the same treatment in this case, but I do find it interesting how people were so quick to gang up on a member with personal attacks in one situation but not the other. Sort of a double-standard.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

yeah. I mean, I understand starting off soft and building to a punch. But the whole fertility-god-worship-circle-woooooh-aaaaaahhhh  thing has become a cliche. I long for a corps that will smack me in the face on Beat One.

And there should be a 5 point penalty for the next three years if you star with members stretched out in the ground.

Edited by mjoakes

4 minutes ago, CAC303 said:

No dispreect to Crossmen (whom I love), but Crown has one of the best brass sections in the world. If you are singing over that brass line (during a ballad no less) your name better be Celine Dion. Just my 2 cents.

Nah. I would be mad at Celine Dion too.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

This guy gets it! 

8 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Not sure why some fans think you have to always play and move to score well. BD heard a lot of the same complaints the years they won. So...

Agreed but move a little please.