Final placement decided already...

2 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

Any chance of the top tier shifting around for the final week (or so) of the season... it seems pretty much decided.

I think we may see some "tiers" start to divide things up more this weekend leading into next week

Personally I predict a larger gap open up between SCV/BD and the next set of corps

Then BC/Crown in a tier

Boston/Cavaliers seem like a tier - but how far back? 2.5 pts or 1 point - makes a huge difference. 

Cadets maybe in their own tier - again, the gap in front (or back) matters. Cadets have more ill members which isn't going to help right now...

Then is BK/Regiment/BS a tier? or just BS/BK? Or is BS in 8th all alone?

Even at the top I'd say NO - we still have a chance of things shifting around, however this weekend may give us some clarity on things

If a 2 point gap opens between SCV/BD then it's SCV's championship...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

While I think it is SCV's to lose there is a chance BD could catch them. Second and third could flip flop between BD and Bloo. Four through six is where the most change could occur. I don't know if any of these programs have a chance at the medal stand realistically but any one of them could nab fourth. Each program has its flaws although down the stretch in terms of visual design I think Crown has the most vulnerabilities. Those vulnerabilities just may rear their head down the stretch.

Top six is a good 2.5-3 points up on 7 on down they are all just that good this year.

I guess we are all about to see it play out! Should be fun!!!

Since you spoke at length about the top half of Finals, I'll talk about the bottom half.

So I think The Cadets have 7th pretty much locked down, barring a season-ending push from the Blue Stars (which I think is unlikely, but the Stars are known to peak late in the season).

BK is stalling and while I think they're too strong in most other captions to get passed by the Mandarins, I doubt they'll catch the Blue Stars again.

Phantom is also stalling and I think all signs point to the Mandarins jumping them the next time they meet.

For that coveted 12th and final spot, my head says Crossmen, but my heart says Spirit. We'll see which one wins out next week, but either way it will be a bittersweet result, especially considering the history between these two corps. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Since you spoke at length about the top half of Finals, I'll talk about the bottom half.

So I think The Cadets have 7th pretty much locked down, barring a season-ending push from the Blue Stars (which I think is unlikely, but the Stars are known to peak late in the season).

BK is stalling and while I think they're too strong in most other captions to get passed by the Mandarins, I doubt they'll catch the Blue Stars again.

Phantom is also stalling and I think all signs point to the Mandarins jumping them the next time they meet.

For that coveted 12th and final spot, my head says Crossmen, but my heart says Spirit. We'll see which one wins out next week, but either way it will be a bittersweet result, especially considering the history between these two corps. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see BS overtake Cadets. I heartily applaud Cadets for what they have accomplished this season but I think they have about maxed out the product they have. They just started in a design hole and and the show seems to have stagnated design wise over the last couple of weeks. Still all comes down to performance so a race with BS will be close. I would say BS show has more upside to it in the final push to finals week.

Whatever happens next week all I can say as that it has been a spectacular season for DCI. Here is to the performers that make all of this possible. We should all sit in awe of what these kids do and the level they do it. What they put their bodies and minds through over the course of the season is grueling and they handle it with the utmost professionalism and class. Cheers to you all!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I would not count out Blue Stars for a season ending push for 7th.  Last week they reduced the gap between them and Cadets to basically 1 point.  at one point this week within .9 (shaving .5-1.0 off this week alone)  If Blue Stars continue on this trajectory and are within 1 point or less going into finals... much can happen.  They have a lot of momentum right now.  

I agree with the rest of your predictions regarding BK, Phantom, Mandarins, Crossmen and Spirit   

Edited by brians

7 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see BS overtake Cadets. I heartily applaud Cadets for what they have accomplished this season but I think they have about maxed out the product they have. They just started in a design hole and and the show seems to have stagnated design wise over the last couple of weeks. Still all comes down to performance so a race with BS will be close. I would say BS show has more upside to it in the final push to finals week.

Whatever happens next week all I can say as that it has been a spectacular season for DCI. Here is to the performers that make all of this possible. We should all sit in awe of what these kids do and the level they do it. What they put their bodies and minds through over the course of the season is grueling and they handle it with the utmost professionalism and class. Cheers to you all!

Your last paragraph-very well said and I agree 100%. There are over 20 shows that I am looking forward to seeing on Thurs. in Indy. 

i imagine there will be all kinds of news next week to keep our eyes on

46 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i imagine there will be all kinds of news next week to keep our eyes on

Hmm.

As usual I'm keeping my eye on the fight for 12th.  My heart wants Crossmen to stay in finals.... it's a Texas thing.  But Spirit has one heck of a show and they are getting really clean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I think we may see some "tiers" start to divide things up more this weekend leading into next week

Personally I predict a larger gap open up between SCV/BD and the next set of corps

Then BC/Crown in a tier

Boston/Cavaliers seem like a tier - but how far back? 2.5 pts or 1 point - makes a huge difference. 

Cadets maybe in their own tier - again, the gap in front (or back) matters. Cadets have more ill members which isn't going to help right now...

Then is BK/Regiment/BS a tier? or just BS/BK? Or is BS in 8th all alone?

Even at the top I'd say NO - we still have a chance of things shifting around, however this weekend may give us some clarity on things

If a 2 point gap opens between SCV/BD then it's SCV's championship...

Regarding Cadets, are they sick again?!  I sure hope not!!