DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

As the evening progressed, more and more young folks sat in our section (444).  Most appeared to be MMs seat slumming.

If they were in charge of judging the performances and if a Corps put together 12 mins of totally choreographed Hip-Hop dance w/percussion, that Corps would win, based on the reaction of those around me. 

Did they go nuts over the SCV dab?

Watching on Flo ...

- I was really proud of Cadets. It was pretty awesome to see the uniform on the field at the end.

- Boston is just captivating to watch. The magic trick at the end is fantastic. At least on the stream, the guard really sold their performance tonight.

- BD. I thought that was a great performance tonight. Even though it's foreshadowed the entire show, it's just so cool at the end when the painting finally comes together. I think I would have been blown away by Natural Woman, had I not listened to the '17 ballad so many times. But...

- Nothing is catching Vanguard. It's breath-taking to watch and listen to. They're going to win everything but guard tomorrow night and maybe claim the highest score in SCV's history. For the love of all that is holy, Flo had better figure out how to make those baritone solos audible tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The last time BD lost Guard on Finals night was in 2007.

That would be the definition of “pretty deadly.” :biggrin:

They were outstanding tonight and can’t be happy with that ranking. I expect them to come out spitting fire tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, quijeros said:

Did they go nuts over the SCV dab?

They did. 

14 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

They were discussing the guard caption, not overall placement. BD can still win guard and has been pretty deadly in that caption on Saturdays.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

• Like 4

Just now, Liahona said:

From my experience on here, people like to live in the past

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

...and to rank them based on the performance that night, not some long-held grudge!!  We only grow and preserve the activity by doing so.

19 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

And yet you refused to say more when I asked. Wanna put an accusation about a judge's integrity into print, or just beat around the bush some more? 

Thought not.

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

But having as many veterans of some of those past performances as they currently do does making betting against them showing up strong a bit silly.

I don’t envy Turner’s job tomorrow. Trying to decide between so many excellent guards is almost impossible. They are so good and also so different.

I believe a record was broken today.

Unless I missed something, the previous best score for 12th place in Semifinals was 86.900 by Carolina Crown in 1998.

Crossmen today scored 87.250 in that position.

• Like 6