DCI World Champs Semi Finals - Aug 10, 2018

That was a clean but perhaps safe run from Crossmen. I suspect they’ve got 12th place in the bag but honestly, I prefer the previous 3 corps more. 

I always love Crossmen shows, especially live. But there are never memorable show elements for me in the last few seasons, good or bad.  Like hunting rabbits, hearts beating, burning witches, da Vinci, knocking on doors, giant chairs, paintings coming to life, beds on the field, bob the builder, here comes the train, men are from mars, etc. 

Edited by Den8uml

Same as I said for Spirit, Crossmen should be proud of this season no matter what! Both their shows are ones I've enjoyed in different ways since the beginning of the season. I wanna see both of them in the top 12.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfrontz said:

THEY BROUGHT IT

Indeed. I think they should be safely in finals.  Just be sure they do the Delta at retreat per historical ties.  Something special to nod to Spirit this year, like borrowing a door for retreat, would not be out of line.

Great run Crossmen. I will say that the Tchaikovsky section was not as squeaky clean as it has been. But I think that was enough for one more.

Edited by MusicalFrog

WOW ---- and Xmen have rarely elicited any reaction from me other than "meh" in the last few seasons. A performance overflowing with passion & confidence, and insanely tight. Guard had what read to me as an almost perfect one and really highlighted the musical nuances of the show. 

Having watched all Finalist contenders now, unless Mandarins or Phantom trip massively, I think 12th is Crossmen's to lose. Their performance read to me as a clear step above their predecessors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1