The Cadets 2019

55 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I didn't even realize they had camp this weekend. Chalk it up to an extremely quiet Cadets thread. 

Which is a good thing! 

Hearing good stuff out of the brass world about Cadets this off season. They improved throughout last year and they seem to have picked it up and continue to grow 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

I very much enjoyed the 2006 show. The opening and ballad were fantastic! I did not see the early version of the show but I can imagine it was a better design early (coming from Marc Sylvester) vs what may have taken place during the season when some of the better ideas got tossed. Very talented corps despite having to follow a stacked 2005 Cadets group. This is one show that would have benefited from a more stylized uniform specifically for the show ( a costume) and a more modern use of props (a la Bluecoats 2016). 

The corps was younger but had great caption leadership 

History repeating was a better way to start the show 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

This is one show that would have benefited from a more stylized uniform specifically for the show ( a costume) and a more modern use of props (a la Bluecoats 2016). 

Funny enough, a lot of the staff and design members that worked on this show eventually joined the Bluecoats, where most of them remain to this day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2019 will be great!!! A new website!!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Looks great but please find a better photo of the 2018 corps for the home page. 

One step at a time...

• Haha 1

New Youth Education in the Arts website was launched this weekend!

https://yea.org/

• Like 1