Carolina Crown 2019

36 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Didn’t hurt him on the score sheet but definitely heard them with the fans I think it’s terrible that their  the  One and  only title to date   Features that  ballad.   But based on what they pick for this season I can’t wait 

Funny, because everyone I've ever had this discussion with loves that ballad. So, fans or "fans"? 

Also, lets be honest here, the story told in that ballad was better than most stories told in 12 minutes on the field. Lol.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lanceengland said:

My only complaint with the 2013 narration is

FEMALE: "Do you love me?"

MALE: "I love you more than the moon, stars, blah blah blah"

music swells and softens

FEMALE: "But how MUCH do you love me?"

I really wanted the MALE to say "Weren't you just listening like 5 seconds ago?"

I love the show, and I really just say it in jest 

You're not wrong BUT it's not like Crown wrote those lyrics.  Using the original Glass narration over the Abyss music unified the entire show and was a critical part of the design.    When I first heard the narration I too said "WHY?"  but when I learned more about Einstein on the Beach,  it (quite suddenly) made complete sense to me.  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Funny, because everyone I've ever had this discussion with loves that ballad. So, fans or "fans"? 

Also, lets be honest here, the story told in that ballad was better than most stories told in 12 minutes on the field. Lol.

7 minutes ago, karuna said:

You're not wrong BUT it's not like Crown wrote those lyrics.  Using the original Glass narration over the Abyss music unified the entire show and was a critical part of the design.    When I first heard the narration I too said "WHY?"  but when I learned more about Einstein on the Beach,  it (quite suddenly) made complete sense to me.  

Others may disagree, but the voice over/narration for ‘13’s ballad was an integral component, in expressing the emotional intensity of the movement. That it was taken directly from source material only underscores Crown’s commitment to honoring the composer.

I’ll concede that now in very late middle age, I find myself moved by music and strong emotions much more easily than I did as as younger man. But regardless of whatever number the folks in green shirts hung on E=MC2 that year, that ballad will move me until the day I crawl—or get shoved—into that bass drum to eternity.🧳

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, karuna said:

Anywho...

These are the days, my friends. 
These are the days.

ImPoSiBlE yOu SaY?!

• Like 2

I'll say two things:

1. Crown are usually masters at ballads 

2. The "leaked video" is just what it is - a very rough version of what we'll see in a couple weeks at the preview and an extremely rough version of what will be on the field by the first regional... these corps improve extremely rapidly! Anyone trying to judge quality etc from that video is really reaching IMO

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Others may disagree, but the voice over/narration for ‘13’s ballad was an integral component, in expressing the emotional intensity of the movement. That it was taken directly from source material only underscores Crown’s commitment to honoring the composer.

I’ll concede that now in very late middle age, I find myself moved by music and strong emotions much more easily than I did as as younger man. But regardless of whatever number the folks in green shirts hung on E=MC2 that year, that ballad will move me until the day I crawl—or get shoved—into that bass drum to eternity.🧳

I’m guess I’m an old sap because the narration in the ballad made me all weepy. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m guess I’m an old sap because the narration in the ballad made me all weepy. 

I thought it was very very well done - but I refuse to admit it made me weepy!

My ONLY issue with Crown 2013 was the percussion aspect, I just wish they had a stronger drum caption for that show

• Like 3