Carolina Crown 2019

On 6/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, Tommeee said:

This is really cool!  Reminds me of Cadets closer, circa 2007.  Love it!

Yeah that’s a problem. I don’t want Crown to be the Cadets, or even similar.  And I fear that is where they are heading. 

Edited by BWise
Typo

53 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'll say two things:

1. Crown are usually masters at ballads 

2. The "leaked video" is just what it is - a very rough version of what we'll see in a couple weeks at the preview and an extremely rough version of what will be on the field by the first regional... these corps improve extremely rapidly! Anyone trying to judge quality etc from that video is really reaching IMO

Because we love what we are seeing? I think its a reach that you're saying we're reaching. Opinions are like...well, you know the saying. Lol.

22 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah that’s a problem. I don’t want Crown to be the Cadets, or even similar.  And I fear that is where they are heading. 

Then they should stop hiring Cadets teachers and designers 😉

Frankly - having seen a bunch of both shows Crown is more Cadets than Cadets are Cadets - in terms of a lot of marching and traditional drill

Cadets also have Crowns massive brass line of 80 with 16 tubas and Crown is marching 12

So a bit of role reversal I'd say... 

Not necessarily a bad thing - change can be good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BWise said:

Fear not.  They will dancey dance and roll around on the ground more than enough to elicit groans from the ..umm..  jurassic? fans.    Don't forget - -plenty of Cadets-style drill from Leon in the past (where did he march again?) .  While it's true Crown may have Cadets alums on their staff,  they have always been very much their own thing.  You could even say it's kind of a "anti-Cadets" (ie what would those Cadets designs have evolved to if they weren't wrapped so tightly in the military traditions). Don't see that changing at all.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Fear not.  They will dancey dance and roll around on the ground more than enough to elicit groans from the ..umm..  jurassic? fans.    Don't forget - -plenty of Cadets-style drill from Leon in the past (where did he march again?) .  While it's true Crown may have Cadets alums on their staff,  they have always been very much their own thing.  You could even say it's kind of a "anti-Cadets" (ie what would those Cadets designs have evolved to if they weren't wrapped so tightly in the military traditions). Don't see that changing at all.  

Anti-Cadets?  I don’t think that’s the case at all.  As a matter of fact, I think the former Cadet people now at Crown still have a respect and soft spot for their alma mater.  Heck, Travis Peterman even wears Cadets t-shirts during practices.