Blue Devils 2019

BDB looked sharp and sounded great. Even the C Corps is getting pretty good. I'm wondering what happens with Open class titles this year since DBD & SCVC are not touring. BDB calendar shows them returning home from tour in mid July.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2019 at 2:17 AM, bayareafan said:

I don't agree with the statement above that BD is always a bare bones show and a mess at the start of the season.  In fact I would argue that their legacy is exactly the opposite.  They usually start the season cleaner than any other corps and they always start with a complete show (many others don't have a complete show at first) though they do layer and layer and layer on that show throughout the season.

Looking forward to seeing the full production in uniform next week.  I expect it to be quite a treat.

I agree with you. In the 70s, 80s, 90s, and even early 2000s they typically came out smoking hot and much cleaner than the competition. I do think, however, that in recent years they are more a work in progress. This was clear in 2015, 16, 17, and 18, and I think it's the case this year as well. 

I couldn't really get much of a read from the one vid that is being posted (low angle shot way to the side with bad microphone), but my read is they are working on something FANTASTIC. They have the basic chunks in place and just have to add the layers and transitions, which they tend to do as the season progresses. I do feel we are in for another amazing and FUN production by BD.

• Like 1

I'm sold on everything through the ballad. Everything after the ballad seems like a total mess right now, both musically and visually

• Like 5

I wonder why people take videos of some shows before the first performance and put them on YouTube and not others. Is it a lack of respect thing? Putting certain corps at a disadvantage in the public eye to start off?

8 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

I wonder why people take videos of some shows before the first performance and put them on YouTube and not others. Is it a lack of respect thing? Putting certain corps at a disadvantage in the public eye to start off?

Nah, if people could put up every show, they would. Circumstances vary. 

New footage looks pretty good. The very beginning will cohere soon, I’m sure. Been awhile since the guard looked THIS ready to kick butt before the real tour started. I’m excited! 

• Like 5