2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Anyone know of any tweaks to the show since the last time out?

19 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Bloo's guard is killer right now

posted from the DrumScorps app

I agree! For all those who thought Bloo’s guard was a weak spot ... they certainly are not!

• Like 2

Finally got a good read on the show. The video was from opening night. 

All I can really speak from is the musical aspect- and all I can say is WOW. There are so many moments where I think things can easily get edgy and out of control intonation wise and they never do. I absolutely love the flugelhorn So tasteful and beautiful...and the closer...is super dirty...but in a great, fun, appropriate way. Percussion features sound great too!

A little more cleaning in the front ensemble and you have near Kinetic Noise level percussion.

I know they will add a lot more visually. They always do- so if others feel the guard is performing well "I'm a Believer" (that's not the Beatles haha). This is certainly going to be the fan favorite... maybe even Madison 95 caliber. It is certainly medal worthy or better...but the top 6 are all on their A game like I have never seen before. 

• Like 2

Usually I’m not a fan of the Bluecoats but this 2019 production is outstanding.  There’s a lot of “stand and play” going on but I’m sure that will change as the season progresses.  I saw them live tonight in Hamilton and this show is a real banger; I like it!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Usually I’m not a fan of the Bluecoats but this 2019 production is outstanding.  There’s a lot of “stand and play” going on but I’m sure that will change as the season progresses.  I saw them live tonight in Hamilton and this show is a real banger; I like it!

Keep rehabbing!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Finally got a good read on the show. The video was from opening night. 

All I can really speak from is the musical aspect- and all I can say is WOW. There are so many moments where I think things can easily get edgy and out of control intonation wise and they never do. I absolutely love the flugelhorn So tasteful and beautiful...and the closer...is super dirty...but in a great, fun, appropriate way. Percussion features sound great too!

A little more cleaning in the front ensemble and you have near Kinetic Noise level percussion.

I know they will add a lot more visually. They always do- so if others feel the guard is performing well "I'm a Believer" (that's not the Beatles haha). This is certainly going to be the fan favorite... maybe even Madison 95 caliber. It is certainly medal worthy or better...but the top 6 are all on their A game like I have never seen before. 

The ending obviously is tagged on for now. Definitely not final.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

I meant dirty in a good way. Like jazzy dirty flutter-tounging and note bending... without going too far.

Not dirty as in disorganized and needs to be cleaned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I do hope they keep the "A Day in the Life" piano chord at the end, but let it go about twice as long. It's a brilliant design choice.

Edited by Super Don-O
  • Like 3