2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

Bloo's battery can rehearse in my front yard anytime. It'd be a nice payback for the barking dog next door. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

She lives by a school.  It’s always the same.  People buy homes by schools and are surprised when school things happen there. Or they buy a house by the airport and then complain that airplanes are taking off from there. 

Then there are those folks who buy/build homes behind senior sized softball fields and try to sue the city.

There are home owners all over the country who make a killing charging for a parking space on their yard which is close to annual fares.

• Thanks 1

Our high school band room was on the far end of the building, with a long parking lot adjacent to the corner of the building. We would have Saturday morning rehearsals prior to evening competitions. The guy who lived in the house right off said parking lot HATED the band. Needless to say, the drum line warmed up out there every Saturday. If it was rainy, the entire band would be out there!! 

There were a few occasions the sound was intentionally pointed in his house. I know there are more stories of this strained relationship that I am missing.........

A couple of interesting (at least to me)  noise stories:

1.Years ago a homeowner filed a noise complaint against Dorney Park.

They claimed the noise levels were affecting their quality of life.

Turns out they had bought a home right by the park.

When the complaint was heard,they were asked whether,when they were looking at the house, they the saw the

amusement park.

The answer was "yes,but we bought the house in the winter."

2.At one time Whitehall Township wanted a Judge to look into whether Dorney Park was too noisy.

Turned out I-78 was louder inside parts of the park,then the rides were outside.

3.I was involved in litigation involving noise from refrigerated trucks.

The complainants said that the noise from the trucks prevented them from opening

their windows at night.

They were parked overnight, next to a produce warehouse ,in a residential neighborhood.

We did a Noise Study.

Took sound levels next to the trucks and throughout the neighborhood for several nights , with the trucks on and off.

It turned out the crickets in the area were louder then the trucks.

The problem was that the sound of the trucks was "distinctive".

That is you could distinguish  it from ambient sound.

You can't objectively access the effect of a "distinguishable" sound.

So the trucks were allowed to stay,until,years later,they moved the produce operation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

Uhh unless I'm seeing things, BC drumline was straight up in someone's yard. I'd be p*ssed off too 

Yeah they were. My wife would have just called the police. 

But this type of stuff happens, I doubt anyone is going to really want you to set up in their yard. LOL 

Was funny to hear her scream. I was trying to make out if she cursed at them at all. 

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

She lives by a school.  It’s always the same.  People buy homes by schools and are surprised when school things happen there. Or they buy a house by the airport and then complain that airplanes are taking off from there. 

I bought my house by neither a school or an airport.  But I do live by a ramp to I-88.  I knew there would be highway traffic noise. I have no grounds to complain 

I think she was more concerned about them being in her yard. She even motions in a direction which I guess was part of the school. Oh well it was a funny part of the video. 

If they had played that old BD standard “Ditty” for her they would have won her over. 

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I bought my house by neither a school or an airport.  But I do live by a ramp to I-88.  I knew there would be highway traffic noise. I have no grounds to complain 

If you live by an airport you know there will be noise from the planes. That doesn't mean you'd be cool with them taxi-ing through your flowerbed.

• Haha 2